St. Regis Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Regis Bangkok

Stayed at the SRB over the Songkran holiday and loved it.

Hotel has somewhat more of a boutique feel compared to the SRS.

Check-in was completed in the room which had hardwood floors semi-covered with rugs.

Ordered ice green teas as welcome drinks and they use Thai green tea with the unmistakable perfume of jasmine.

Male butlers wear pin-striped suits, looking very professional indeed. Received the utmost courtesy from all hotel employees, some of whom came from the SRS, ROS, SGS, the Peninsula, the Conrad, and even Kuwait Airways.

The pool looked very inviting with one end in a semi-enclosed grotto with dozens of tiny jet spa for that massage effect. The gym is accessible 24 hours with AC controls to suit one's temperature preference. Although, I must say I like the equipment at the SGS better as a matter of personal taste.

Breakfast is served in the Viu restaurant and highlights include oeufs en cocotte au saumon fumé and the grilled rib eye on mini bagel. There is also a cold buffet with cereals, bakery items, and fresh fruit.

The brideway to the Rajadamri BTS wasn't finished and they were waiting for repairmen to fix the jacuzzi and cold plunge in the Elemis spa after the Songkran break, but all in all a very nice hotel adding to my top 3 options for Bangkok
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

We stayed there on Friday and were impressed with the Hotel. I was pleasantly surprised how 'ready' most of the place was, especially after seeing the state it was in a few weeks before opening.

One thing that was a bit of a disappointment was the arrangements made for drinks in Decanter for Platinums. After promising two hours of drinks in any bar prior to opening, they have now changed it to 90 minutes of 'wine tasting with our sommelier'. This turned out to be 'would you like red or white ?' with a single waitress looking after the whole bar. The choices were literally one red and one white. It would appear they have just chucked that in to enable them to offer drinks like the other Starwood properties in Bangkok, but it's a prety cheap way for a St Regis to behave to be honest.

We didn't get a Suite (they claimed to have no Metropolitan Suites left, and I did check... ) but did get a room at 0630am and as we were only doing 1 night I was happy with that. I am also not a fan of dual lift hotels either but it's undoubtedly a nice hotel and depending on rater there and elsewhere will come into consideration. We are in the Hyatt tonight though.

Comment

Working...
    X