Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
    Nope, haven't received the refund yet.
    Any changes? I just got told that SQ informed all travel agents that refunds will be further delayed to a minimum of 10 weeks. I find that unacceptable even taking into account the surge in refunds.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
      Any changes? I just got told that SQ informed all travel agents that refunds will be further delayed to a minimum of 10 weeks. I find that unacceptable even taking into account the surge in refunds.
      Dear tth_ben,

No changes. Nothing has come through yet. The latest I have in writing from them (on 21 April) is "We are very sorry that we cannot evaluate how long it will take".

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        ABC Alice Springs is reporting that 4 A380s and 2 A320s from the Singapore Airlines Group will arrive in ASP on Sunday for storage; with the first of the aircraft expected to arrive around 0830 LT.
        Link: https://www.facebook.com/ABCAliceSpr...57147195247671

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Does that mean a 14 day stay in an Alice Springs hotel for the crews?

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
            Dear tth_ben,

No changes. Nothing has come through yet. The latest I have in writing from them (on 21 April) is "We are very sorry that we cannot evaluate how long it will take".
            Gosh. I think one month is fine but for them to now tell the travel agents that min processing time is 10 weeks (especially when SQ was the one that disabled the agents' hitherto ability to refund on their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
              Does that mean a 14 day stay in an Alice Springs hotel for the crews?
              Last time when they flew over with the 772ERs another plane came over as well and immediately flew the other crews back home.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                Does that mean a 14 day stay in an Alice Springs hotel for the crews?
                Crew are exempt from the policy.

SQ212 (SYD-SIN, cargo only) will likely stop by ASP to pick them up again on Sunday as it did last time, or they might send a 'chase plane' to fly the pilots all home.

Comment

• SQ212 on 26APR2020 now operating as SYD-ASP-SIN.
                  ETA ASP: 1230L
                  ETA SIN: 1505L

Comment

• Same SQ/MI flying programme as for April and May has been confirmed for June 2020.

96% capacity cut, 3 months in a row. When will it end?

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                      Same SQ/MI flying programme as for April and May has been confirmed for June 2020.

96% capacity cut, 3 months in a row. When will it end?
                      Guess that’s the billion dollar question?

For as long as there is no change to border restriction into Singapore, I doubt much will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post

For as long as there is no change to border restriction into Singapore, I doubt much will change.
                        Is there a case for Singapore to ease restriction on transfer/transit traffic?

Qatar seems to be doing some brisk business without the transit restriction.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                          Is there a case for Singapore to ease restriction on transfer/transit traffic?

Qatar seems to be doing some brisk business without the transit restriction.
                          I reckon had there not been an explosion of cases amongst the guest workers dormitories, there might be? But i doubt they will ease it anytime soon until we are able to deal with what we have internally.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post

I think not anytime soon, at least not until June 1 because there's when the circuit break measures may end. Also even after the circuit break measures are end, I think border re-opening is definitely going to be one of the last measure that will happen.

According to CMO of Australia, borders in Australia will close for another 3 - 4 months, except for NZ. So I think kids should expect no overseas trip for the middle of the year and things will only get better once school resumes in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9VSSA View Post
                              SQ212 on 26APR2020 now operating as SYD-ASP-SIN.
                              ETA ASP: 1230L
                              ETA SIN: 1505L
                              No stopover at DRW to clear immigration like the previous storage flight to ASP?

So what happens after aircraft lands in ASP? SIAEC takes over to mothball the aircraft or they contracted a local company to mothball them?

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                                10 weeks, huh. Explains why I heard nothing regarding the refund request I put in on the 9th. And to think that if not for this whole mess, I would be flying off today...

But on a more realistic note that's probably when the bailout money from Temasek comes in.
                                an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                                X