• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANA targets first 787 commercial flight in January 2011

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...uary-2011.html
    ANA targets first 787 commercial flight in January 2011
    By Ghim-Lay Yeo

Boeing 787 launch customer All Nippon Airways (ANA) hopes to operate its first commercial flight with the 787-8 as early as January 2011.

The airline plans to follow this with its first 787 international flight in end-March, says an ANA spokeswoman.

"We hope to receive the aircraft in November or December, and operate the first commercial flight to a domestic destination a month after that," she adds, declining to reveal the destination.

The aircraft will enter into service on international routes on the carrier's 2011 summer schedule, which begins in end-March, says the spokeswoman.

Potential destinations include Beijing and Shanghai, and cities on the USA's west coast and Europe.

"The 787 is the replacement for the 767, and we are currently operating the 767 to many Chinese cities like Beijing and Shanghai, so those cities will be under consideration. The 787 can go longer, so we are also evaluating the west coast of the USA and Europe," says the spokeswoman.

ANA expects to receive another seven 787s by the end of its current fiscal year ending 31 March 2011.

I'm guessing HND-ITM as the debut route...

SQTalk 787 Japan Do?

Comment

I'd do it if they finalise dates/places.

2011... yay, more leave...

Comment

All Nippon Airways (ANA) hopes to operate its first commercial flight with the 787-8 as early as January 2011.
        ANA expects to receive another seven 787s by the end of its current fiscal year ending 31 March 2011.
        With Boeing, that's all they can say.
        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          SQTalk 787 Japan Do?
          Ganbarimasu
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            With Boeing, that's all they can say.
            post deleted
            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

ANA to Change Part of its Boeing 787-8 Orders to the 787-9 Model

TOKYO September 30, 2010 - At the meeting of Board of Directors today, ANA has decided to change 15 of its current orders for the Boeing 787-8 aircraft to the 787-9 model. ANA currently has a total of 55 orders for the Dreamliner.

The 787-9 aircraft is an extended body version of the 787-8 model, appropriate for short, mid-haul and long-haul international routes. The model will also meet the increasing need for 400 seat-capacity aircraft for domestic routes, and will further improve the flexibility of our fleet and network planning. Furthermore, like the 787-8 model, it is a highly fuel efficient aircraft which will enable ANA to reduce operating costs and carbon dioxide emission.

http://www.ana.co.jp/eng/aboutana/press/index_sm.html
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                400 seat-capacity aircraft for domestic routes,

Comment

400 passengers cramped in a 787-900? I can't imagine it would be comfortable at all 787 or not.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                    400 passengers cramped in a 787-900? I can't imagine it would be comfortable at all 787 or not.
                    Does it matter for a 1 hour domestic flight?

Besides, it can't be much worse than this;
                    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air..._777-300_B.php

472 seats in a 77W used to fly from France to the Indian Ocean/Carribean.

Comment

We're almost into November and it still seems they haven't locked down NH's first Dreamliner flight, so I'm smelling delays here...

Hopefully this doesn't get delayed til April... or beyond!

Comment

Its March now.. so I take it we might see it further down the year? Dec perhaps?

Comment

Q2 doesn't look likely. Maybe we have to wait until at least Q3.

Comment

Was just at Boeing Field yesterday and saw two NH planes that appeared ready to go. Now...if they actually functioned and passed safety...well...that may be another matter.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Was one of the 2, the test bird ZA002? That one; I presume you are aware; is in NH colours

Comment

Working...
                              X