X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAPA Analysis of SQ's PEY

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...-travel-422884

SUMMARY
    Singapore point of sale business travel booking data indicate that premium economy has grown rapidly, and it accounted for 7% of total business bookings in 2017.

More than 10 airlines now offer a premium economy product in the Singapore market, but Singapore Airlines is by far the largest player and now offers premium economy to more than 35 destinations.

Singapore Airlines began introducing premium economy in 2H2015 and now has 63 aircraft with a premium economy cabin.

Singapore Airlines will have 74 aircraft with a premium economy cabin by the end of 2018, making it one of the world’s largest premium economy airlines.

I've just returned from a Europe trip ex BNE flying BNE-SIN-FRAxZRH-SIN-BNE flying PE on all sectors.

The BNE-SIN sector (SQ256) was very lightly loaded in PE with 6 pax total. The other 3 flights were all full or 1-2 empty seats in PE.

Comment

That's why Premium Economy should also be on B787-10 and A350 regional.

Lack of Premium Economy forces us as premium passengers to fork out for Business Class or stuck with Economy, where latter is not comfortable at all when flying more than 5 hours.

I hope SIA can review their strategy and consider installing Premium Economy for the sake of Premium Budget passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        That's why Premium Economy should also be on B787-10 and A350 regional.
        I’ve sat in PEY on SQ118/119 a couple of times. Makes the journey MUCH more bearable

Comment

From my experience the shorter routes are not filling up that well. Done SQ424 a few times with loads below 50% in PEY.
          And CX showed that it can be diffcult to sell PEY on shorter routes.

ANyway, the CAPA report does not talk about yields or loads, just about number of seats.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I’ve sat in PEY on SQ118/119 a couple of times. Makes the journey MUCH more bearable
            but its only a 40 min actual flight time or less.

Comment

saw an article in ST on Tuesday discussing about SQ PE n the content are almost identical to the CAPA report.

Comment

This shows the power of attracting tickets that are not paid out of your own pocket. SQ has no market leading PY offering and as a matter of fact for an airline that prides itself to be on the very top when it comes to onboard experience and service, the offering needs a major revamp.

Comment

So I read that PEY should be fitted on the last 3 77W. Yet, last week SWI went out of action for 4 days, and I thought it would be out for retrofitting. It is after all, 11 years old with the 2006 cabin products.

Hopefully it will be included by the end of the year. They seem to have a reason to leave the aircraft as is this year...Except for SWG, no other 77W have been retrofitted.

Comment

Well, SQ has now updated its North America schedule so the number of PEY seats will increase to both SFO and LAX.

Comment

Working...
                    X