Singapore Airshow 2018 Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airshow 2018 Photos

Dear SQTalkers, I thought I'd share some photos I took during Singapore Airshow 2018. I'll start with the Airbus A350-1000 on static display, then move to other aircraft and the indoor exhibition.

Photos are now up. Thanks to reddevil0728 for his help!

The rest of us, please do me a favour. When you reply, don't quote the entire post with photos!
    Last edited by SQ22; 19 February 2018, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Photos hosted on Flickr but not showing up here. I'll rectify tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
        Photos hosted on Flickr but not showing up here. I'll rectify tonight.
        the links should be those ending with ".jpg" or ".png" etc

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very nice pictures, SQ22! 7m is quite a stretch. Must be quite an impressive plane to look at in real life.

Did you view the interior?

Look forward to pics of the other aircraft on display too...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  Very nice pictures, SQ22! 7m is quite a stretch. Must be quite an impressive plane to look at in real life.

Did you view the interior?

Look forward to pics of the other aircraft on display too...
                  To be honest, while I love Airbus, I can't help but be awed by the huge B77W. That aircraft is almost identical in length to the A350-1000, however, it's a couple of metres taller. Each time one of these machines rolls past me around the airport, I can't help but lift my head.

I didn't get a chance to view the interior. There was a bunch of students around me getting ready for an interior tour. I tried to sneak in, until I saw this guy at the steps checking each and everyone's pass. I figured mine wouldn't pass the test.

The other aircraft whose pictures I took were a Bombardier CS300 and a Sukhoi Superjet 100. The rest were mostly military jets, which I have absolutely no interest in.
                  Last edited by SQ22; 19 February 2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Excellent pictures SQ22. On FR24 the A351 (The A350-1000) was pinging, and I was wondering what that was, but realized it was one of the participant planes participating in the airshow according to a few sources.

One of the few airlines I know who are ordering the 351 are CX. From an exterior perspective, size wise it's definitely larger than the 359, and I'm sure it can accommodate more Y seats (similar to the 77W) than the 359.

Comment

Am a little disappointed that Airbus didn't bother to wash the aircraft for the airshow. The close-up pic of the engine shows streaks of black soot. That's just so shoddy.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        Am a little disappointed that Airbus didn't bother to wash the aircraft for the airshow. The close-up pic of the engine shows streaks of black soot. That's just so shoddy.
                        I was going to post the same thing too. There are a lot of dirty streaks on the aircraft, including on the fuselage.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                          I would happily volunteer to spend all day with a cloth cleaning planes on display in exchange for an all-access pass to the airshow

Comment

Very nice pictures, SQ22! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Yes, that was a disappointment, wasn't it? I would've thought the aircraft manufacturers would want to show their hardware in the best light. Well, maybe that's why there were no orders this year.

On a different note, I was fortunate to have visited on Thursday (8 Feb 2018). Flightradar24 reported that this beast made its way up to Bangkok on the next leg for the rest of its round-the-world tour! My $78 didn't go to waste...

Comment

Working...
                              X