Increasing number of female IFM's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demue View Post
    So you were passing through SIN and didn't say anything? Was it a straight through connection? You know I'm never far from the airport

Never far from the airport being somewhat of an understatement.

I was in town for two nights with my mother. We flew down together on SQ327 on Friday then met a family friend for Brunch at the Fullerton on Sunday before she carried on to SYD and I went to KL, well Ipoh mainly.

Don't worry, you'll be sick of the sight of me in a few months as I've got a few visits coming up!.

Comment

Had a female IFS on the SQ 218 On 16 Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Never far from the airport being somewhat of an understatement.

I was in town for two nights with my mother. We flew down together on SQ327 on Friday then met a family friend for Brunch at the Fullerton on Sunday before she carried on to SYD and I went to KL, well Ipoh mainly.

Don't worry, you'll be sick of the sight of me in a few months as I've got a few visits coming up!.
        coming for APM?
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I had a female IFS on my flight from Narita last week, and she was telling me more and more are being promoted. I have noticed many younger LSS as well now. The LSS on my flight today from Hong Kong seemed pretty new and younger than a typical LSS too...Guess its a whole chain..

Comment

And another one....SQ186 to SGN this evening. I sense a conspiracy here....700 IFS's and only 150 female and I am getting them on over half my flights at the moment. Funnily enough this thread and subject came up in a discussion Savage25 and myself had with Nicholas Ionides in the SKL F in T3 on Friday.

Comment

And another one.... MAN-MUC leg of todays SQ327.

Great flight, made even more memorable by the fact that there was, freakishly, 4 x LSS on MUC-MAN-MUC today (struggle to get those FSS's on stand-by apparently). I clocked this half way through the flight and demanded a picture with all four, which they were delighted to oblige with. But when we landed in MUC the IFS pointed out that after saying 'Yay, Kebaya IFS' I hadn't included her in the pic so I got one with all the F crew.

The flight, as short as it was, showed yet again that when you 'know how to fly them' (which many clearly don't ) and realise how much fun you can have with them, they really are in a different league.

Comment

And Sunday mornings SQ972 up to BKK had another one.....

The male IFS seems to be heading towards an endangered species they way it's going.

Comment

Ahh no worries, I still see plenty. More like the ladies are catching up to even the numbers.

Comment

Maybe more males are being promoted to IFA's...?
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Two more this month... SQ977 BKK-SIN on the way to the SQT Do then last weekends SQ52 back to MAN.

The latter also had a LSS from Jakarta that I have flown with four times in the last few years.

Comment

Just got back on Saturday from SQ377 BCN/MXP/SIN, on the 2nd sector from MXP/SIN, IFS was a lady name Nancy Tan, very helpful even help on meal service in EY after took off from MXP, as passengers were experiencing 4 hours delay out of Barcelona, resulted lunch service becoming "Dinner", pretty chatty & warm hearted. Generally all SQ IFS are very hospitable & caring.

Comment

Met with 2 Female IFSs on my recent flights.

One was SQ11 NRT-SIN. Female IFS was quite stern looking and did not really interact with anyone in J. Service on this flight was just so-so. Somewhat disappointing.

Another was yesterday's SQ833, the crew-in-charge (as she calls herself), Doris Chia (or Chua), was both the IFA cum IFS on this flight, so she does both IFS duties and auditing. Very nice chatty lady who explained to me that she also dons her purple kebaya 3 times a month to carry out IFS duties only. (She was in her pantsuit for this flight).

First time meeting a IFA, and one who does a dual role too.

I think whether male or female, the IFS really sets the tone of service for the flight. When the IFS leads by example, it shows in the service of his/her crew.

Comment

Is it really necessary to state their names?
                            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                              Is it really necessary to state their names?
                              The names are not mentioned in a negative way, so why not? It's just a way of recognising outstanding IFSs.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ319 View Post
                                Met with 2 Female IFSs on my recent flights.

One was SQ11 NRT-SIN. Female IFS was quite stern looking and did not really interact with anyone in J. Service on this flight was just so-so. Somewhat disappointing.

Another was yesterday's SQ833, the crew-in-charge (as she calls herself), Doris Chia (or Chua), was both the IFA cum IFS on this flight, so she does both IFS duties and auditing. Very nice chatty lady who explained to me that she also dons her purple kebaya 3 times a month to carry out IFS duties only. (She was in her pantsuit for this flight).

First time meeting a IFA, and one who does a dual role too.

I think whether male or female, the IFS really sets the tone of service for the flight. When the IFS leads by example, it shows in the service of his/her crew.
                                Doris is a very nice lady -- got a chance to chat with her a few times on a long flight -- one of the Houston segments, if I am not mistaken. I have met so many auditors recently, more females than males.

Comment

Working...
                                X