Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ to start 4th daily HND service from 28 December

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...late-dec-2018/
    Last edited by SQ957; 20 July 2018, 09:18 PM.

Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
    Except SQ632/633 that is operated by the A359, on the 77W end, every HND flight will have PEY except for 634/635. That all depends on the number of 77WR we will have by then.

When SQ took delivery of their 787 they started with Japan before expanding to other places. Everywhere except HND for now.

Comment

what an odd timing...given the lack of transport options out of haneda, i wouldn't want to do SQ630 inbound .. or even SQ639 outbound.

are they just trying to utilize their available slots or is there really that much of a demand i wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
        what an odd timing...given the lack of transport options out of haneda, i wouldn't want to do SQ630 inbound .. or even SQ639 outbound.

are they just trying to utilize their available slots or is there really that much of a demand i wonder?
        I reckon it could be both. But at the same time if there is demand SQ634/635 should also have PEY as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
          I reckon it could be both. But at the same time if there is demand SQ634/635 should also have PEY as well.
          neither SQ630 outbound nor SQ639 inbound seems to fit any flight connections. i'm suspecting it could be the potential demand for SQ639. SQ635 is, after all quite popular.

any possibility they could be axing SQ634/635 and that this is a replacement?

Comment

neither SQ630 outbound nor SQ639 inbound seems to fit any flight connections. i'm suspecting it could be the potential demand for SQ639. SQ635 is, after all quite popular.

Not sure about 634/635. But I do know in terms of connections SQ639 can open to Australian and European connections for the late morning and early afternoon flights.

Comment

My dec 634/635 trip to HND is now on a 777WR based on the updated seat maps instead of a 777W which has been the norm. Looks like the target to upgrade all 777W might be done by end of the year

Comment

I would doubt that. The SQ634/635 rotation is offering the best timings for business community in Singapore.

Comment

It is extremely difficult to get a slot in Haneda. Even with bad timing SQ may just have to swallow it. The slot could go to other airlines, which will grab it with both hands, on the event SQ refuses.
                  Last edited by A350R; 16 July 2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A350R View Post
                    It is extremely difficult to get a slot in Haneda. Even with bad timing SQ may just have to swallow it. The slot could go to other airlines, which will grab it with both hands, on the event SQ refuses.
                    This is probably true. I've flown SQ852/3 to and from CAN a few times the last year, and I've never seen J more than 1/3rd full, and Y more than 2/3rds (usually just about half). Probably due to the late arrival/early departure, after most ground and air connections to CAN end (other than taxis into the city). The lead steward once told me (on a service when only 3 J seats were occupied) they can't give up slots in China, no matter what. I don't see the logic though.

Comment

Well SQ639 may be ok, as you can be at the airport early.

But SQ630 is really bad timing. ETA is at 01:00. You need to leave airport around 2am. Not sure if there is still public transport. Not to mention that you need to pay accommodation for the night when you only arrive hotel near dawn.

They probably need to sell it cheap.
                      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                        This is probably true. I've flown SQ852/3 to and from CAN a few times the last year, and I've never seen J more than 1/3rd full, and Y more than 2/3rds (usually just about half). Probably due to the late arrival/early departure, after most ground and air connections to CAN end (other than taxis into the city). The lead steward once told me (on a service when only 3 J seats were occupied) they can't give up slots in China, no matter what. I don't see the logic though.
                        giving up the slot means allowing another singapore based budget carrier to snatch more market share perhaps?

Comment

giving up the slot means allowing another singapore based budget carrier to snatch more market share perhaps?
                          The other budget carrier serving CAN route is Scoot which is also from SIA Group.

Sometimes it is the low prices that budget airlines offer which made these services at ‘ungodly’ hour a possibility to sustain.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                            Well SQ639 may be ok, as you can be at the airport early.

But SQ630 is really bad timing. ETA is at 01:00. You need to leave airport around 2am. Not sure if there is still public transport. Not to mention that you need to pay accommodation for the night when you only arrive hotel near dawn.

They probably need to sell it cheap.
                            It could be for the Japanese travelers who want to spend abit more time in Singapore and yet not arrive on the early morning flight (SQ636).

I for one like to spend more time in the country I am visiting, whether for pleasure or for work, and flights like SQ635, SQ981, SQ7 are usually the flights I take outbound back to Singapore.

Comment

While SQ is adding 4th daily flight on December, we'll see some equipment change on some dates for SQ634/635
                              The following period will see service operated by 777-300: 28OCT18 – 30NOV18, 01MAR19 – 30MAR19

SQ634 SIN1405 – 2140HND 773 D
                              SQ635 HND2250 – 0525+1SIN 773 D
                              https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...craft-changes/

Comment

Working...
                              X