No announcement yet.

EVA Air applies to Join *A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From TG's inflight mag a year back. Similarly for ET's entrance into Star, SQ did not send any cabin crew for the photo shoot.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Another example of sqs hate of star
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        Another example of sqs hate of star
        May have something to do with their rigid refusal to let MI join Star.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          KF miles on *A is poor value.
          That's a statement that you should rethink. I think there are some very good hidden treasures in the *A redemption table that I use from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            That's a statement that you should rethink. I think there are some very good hidden treasures in the *A redemption table that I use from time to time.
            Can elaborate?

Comparing with Asia Miles and Delta SkyMiles, for KrisFlyer, the miles required for round trip is higher for First & Business to Europe (Business Class: KrisFlyer 160,000, Asia Miles and Delta SkyMiles 120,000). Same as Asia Miles for North Asia (Business Class 80,000) higher compared to Delta SkyMiles (Business Class 70,000).

Last time before the current mileage redemption table was used, KrisFlyer used to be the lowest of the 3.

The only good thing for KrisFlyer compared to Asia Miles and Delta SkyMiles is for 1 way ticket, which needs 50% of roundtrip. Delta SkyMiles does not have and Asia Miles need a lot more miles for 1 way ticket.

But since EVA Air has joined Star Alliance, we can redeem on EVA Air's Hello Kitty flights!! http://evakitty.evaair.com/en/

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              You cant and you shouldn't. KF miles on *A is poor value. Plus SEA doesn't get their new Royal Laurel product, nor SIN.
              http://royallaurel.evaair.com/en/

http://evakitty.evaair.com/en/

You can redeem for EVA Air's Royal Laurel Class for Bangkok to Taipei flights!! The 2 flights that flies to Amsterdam and London from Taipei via Bangkok has this product. Plus you can redeem for EVA Air's Hello Kitty flights!!

Leg 1 - EVA Air 68 - Operated by EVA Air
              21:35 London Heathrow EN (LHR), GB - Bangkok (BKK), TH (- miles) Total distance 6085 miles
              BR68, Meal, Boeing 777-300ER
              Check flight status
              Leg 2 - EVA Air 68 - Operated by EVA Air
              Bangkok (BKK), TH - 21:00 Taipei (TPE), TW (- miles)
              BR68, Meal, Boeing 777-300ER

Leg 1 - EVA Air 76 - Operated by EVA Air
              21:40 Amsterdam (AMS), NL - Bangkok (BKK), TH (- miles) Total distance 5873 miles
              BR76, Meal, Boeing 777-300ER
              Check flight status
              Leg 2 - EVA Air 76 - Operated by EVA Air
              Bangkok (BKK), TH - 19:50 Taipei (TPE), TW (- miles)
              BR76, Meal, Boeing 777-300ER

What are you waiting for?? Redeem on EVA Air's Business Class!! For example,
              SIN-BKK (THAI/SQ), BKK-TPE (EVA AIR B777-300ER), TPE-NRT/HND/SHA/CTS/FUK/ICN/GUM (EVA AIR HELLO KITTY flights)

Comment

And so, I just booked my first ever BR flight. Was supposed to be on TG608 from HKG-TPE, in August, but BR had so much more options for me to play with timing, so I did a swap directly.

The only issue is that BR's YQ taxes is REALLY heavy....
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                  Comparing with Asia Miles and Delta SkyMiles, for KrisFlyer, the miles required for round trip is higher for First & Business to Europe (Business Class: KrisFlyer 160,000, Asia Miles and Delta SkyMiles 120,000). Same as Asia Miles for North Asia (Business Class 80,000) higher compared to Delta SkyMiles (Business Class 70,000).
                  Good luck finding DL availability.

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
                  The only good thing for KrisFlyer compared to Asia Miles and Delta SkyMiles is for 1 way ticket, which needs 50% of roundtrip. Delta SkyMiles does not have and Asia Miles need a lot more miles for 1 way ticket.
                  You CAN redeem DL miles for a one-way. It's called booking a J ticket one way and a whY on the return, then abandoning the return portion.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    Good luck finding DL availability.

You CAN redeem DL miles for a one-way. It's called booking a J ticket one way and a whY on the return, then abandoning the return portion.
                    Delta SkyMiles has blackout periods for some airlines like Korean Air and China Airlines.

For North Asia's availability, if you book 5 to 6 months ahead, it should be ok...but for Europe, you need to book 11 to 12 months ahead...

I booked in mid March 2013 for early September 2013 travel on China Airlines, Korean Air & Malaysia Airlines Business Class, 6 flights, SIN-TPE-CTS-ICN-HKG-KUL-SIN, all ok.

Comment

What is Eva's FF program like?
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                        I dont doubt you.
                        My post was in response to post#14 where CarbonMan wants to burn KF miles to do SIN-TPE-SEA on BR

Comment

After BR officially join *A, I called up KF and ask them to book me for 3 x HKG to TPE after checking for availability. The folks at KF told me that they they have "Confirmed" the booking, but needed the reservation team backend to issue. Lo and behold, 6 days later (yesterday), suddenly SQ told me that EVA has sent them a note saying that they have cancelled the booking when SQ was trying to issue it.

Initially, they tried to smoke it over by saying that the flight is cancelled. But after probing, I came to realise that the commercial flight is still avail, but BR unilaterally just cancelled the ticket, by closing the seat when its already confirmed. Very annoyed by the whole process, and if this is how BR is going to be in *A, I'm not sure if it is going to be a good thing...
                          Life's A Bitch,
                          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
                            After BR officially join *A, I called up KF and ask them to book me for 3 x HKG to TPE after checking for availability. The folks at KF told me that they they have "Confirmed" the booking, but needed the reservation team backend to issue. Lo and behold, 6 days later (yesterday), suddenly SQ told me that EVA has sent them a note saying that they have cancelled the booking when SQ was trying to issue it.

Initially, they tried to smoke it over by saying that the flight is cancelled. But after probing, I came to realise that the commercial flight is still avail, but BR unilaterally just cancelled the ticket, by closing the seat when its already confirmed. Very annoyed by the whole process, and if this is how BR is going to be in *A, I'm not sure if it is going to be a good thing...
                            This IS Taiwan we're talking about here. Not surprising at all.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post

You can try to get TG. If I am not wrong TG is putting back BKK-HKG-TPE flight again.
                              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                                You can try to get TG. If I am not wrong TG is putting back BKK-HKG-TPE flight again.
                                I was booked on that flight originally. But rebooked myself on BR as BR offered better timing, so was the preferred choice.

SQ now have me rebooked on TG's flight again, while trying to see if they can get me the 3 seats I still want on BR. Not hopeful though. A little resigned, but just annoyed at how this is done as I have family flying around the same time at HKIA but on SQ which is on a different terminal...
                                Life's A Bitch,
                                Love It

Comment

Working...
                                X