Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing flight if booked by travel agent

Dear All,

I searched these forums but couldn't find a relevant thread.

I have a commercial "C" class booking in a few days time with SQ from Europe to Australia. It was booked via a travel agent which works for the company that I am a contractor for.

I would like to change the second leg on the outbound flight (from Singapore to Sydney) so that I have a shorter transit time in Singapore (1hr, instead of 5hrs).

Calling SQ, they said I can make the change, however, only the corporate travel agent who booked the ticket can do it. However, as I am in Europe, I must contact the company in Australia, who must then contact the corporate travel agent. Seems a long way around (and no doubt, the agent will charge an exorbitant fee for the pleasure).

Do any of you have any recommendations or knowledge around this? Is the ticket handed over to the airline before I take the first flight so that I can do this directly with SQ? I would love just a shorter stopover and SQ said that seats are available on the earlier flight with no difference in fare.

Thank you so much for your input and suggestions, I really appreciate it and all the wonderful help of this board ))

I believe it's possible, just whether the call centre agent wants to help you or not. In one of my cases, they charged me a fee for it (I can't remember how much it was anymore), and in the other, they didn't, because the travel agent thoroughly screwed it up and the call centre agent could hear that I was desperate - long story short, i waitlisted another flight, the waitlist cleared, the travel agent said the change was confirmed, but it wasn't, and both my original and waitlisted flight disappeared from my bookings and i had no flight home.

Having said that, I may have had already flown at least one flight in the tickets and from what I understand, the ticket is 'handed over' to the airline after at least one sector is flown. In your case, maybe you could ask if SQ would do it for a fee?

Comment

If you don't have checked luggage you can try airport standby... Just sayin'

Michael

Comment

Dear pokfur & Michael,

Thank you for your replies, very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I will have checked luggage.

I spoke to the call centre twice more (different agents) and both told me that they couldn't do anything (even for a fee) until the first sector was flown.

Ah well, thanks for your thoughts in any case!

Comment

Ahh.. so it seems like I had indeed flown at least 1 flight in my tickets before trying to make changes...

I guess it’s time to call the travel agent!

Comment

Working...
          X