SFO Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFO Security

Funny story from passing through SFO recently.

1. International Terminal.
    Was flying out on LH455 SFO-FRA. Went through the security. My liquids were in a clear pastic bag. No problem. But the guy kept insisting something inside my rollabag. Usually it's all those foreign coins I bring along. Three times going through the machine. He said, I had two big size of liquids. I said it's impossible because I know the rule, and I don't have any bottle water with me. Guess what they saw in the screen monitor? Two bananas bought from 7-Eleven in the City. The bananas were still hard. So, I have no idea how it shows as liquid!

2. Yesterday, catching my AC565 back to YVR.
    Took my belt, shoes, and the usual drill. I was wearing the same pants for 5 days since I my lost bags turned up at SIN. Been flying all over like SIN-BKK-SIN-BKK-SIN-CMB-SIN-ZRH-MXP-JFK-SFO... no problem whatsoever.
    But yesterday, the button and metal label of my pants made the beeping noise. The guys were so nasty, especially saw my Indonesian passport. I told them for 5 days I had been flying around, and no problem. They thought I had something other than the button and label on my pants. I even said to them I could just stripped my pants and walked through again. Of course they declined.
    Anyway, I was not alone. One of the pilots also got searched because it was beeping.

There you go... inconsistency in security all over the world...

Be careful about offering to do what you offered to do in #2 at MNL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6352861.stm

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Be even more careful when offering to strip off your pants in the UK!

Comment

Phew, thank goodness this is not a forum in TOF. Otherwise, there will be a lot inuendos ...perhaps something along the lines of '****** Albert'.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Be careful about offering to do what you offered to do in #2 at MNL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6352861.stm

Nothing to show on my part!

Comment

the wonders of airport security ... still doesnt come close to the secuirty cheks i recieved on new years eve flying out of delhi a couple years ago - 7 security checks of some sort including an impromptu one of hand baggage on the plane before take off...

Comment

Originally posted by token01 View Post
              the wonders of airport security ... still doesnt come close to the secuirty cheks i recieved on new years eve flying out of delhi a couple years ago - 7 security checks of some sort including an impromptu one of hand baggage on the plane before take off...
              I don't think the real reason is security. It's more along the lines of jobs for the masses.

Comment

22MAY

I am waiting for my SQ15 now.
                This is what had happened at security. DeltaFlyingProf went ahead in the special lane on the right hand side of the security to the international terminal. The lady let him go through as F pax. I was behind him, and guess what, she did not let me go through with the special treatment. I said to her, you let my friend went through. And I had the same F BP, and you did not let me through. Why? She said I had to go on line like everyone else.
                Went back to SQ check-in desk, but the guy said SQ doesn't have any priority lane at SFO security. Well, I know when I took LH, I always got the red note saying to go through the far right of the entrance to the security for priority pax.
                When I went back to wait in line, decided not to go near the lady. I took the line all the way to the left. yeah, the warning from jjpb3 plays in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Be even more careful when offering to strip off your pants in the UK!
                  and please give us them so that we can re-sell them on Ebay...

"limited edition: runner for life's trousers..."

There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

If you want to sell & earn something from eBay quick, try to sell this month May 2007 issue of Silver Kris, it's a million of SQ info inside, which many of us in other parts of the world want to have a copy of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X