Which Starwood to stay in Tokyo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Starwood to stay in Tokyo?

I want to get a night award to stay in Tokyo. I love Park Hyatt, but it's not available. So, now I am looking at Starwood properties.
    Which one is worth the points:

- 7000 points Sheraton Miyako
    - 7000 points LeMeridien Pacific
    - 10,000 points Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
    - 10,000 points LeMeridien Grand Pacific

Thank you!

How about Grand Hyatt Tokyo? But too much points I think...

Perhaps go for the location which suits you best ?

I stayed at the LM Pacific last August. About £100/night and the hotel was nothing special. A few minutes walk from Shinagawa station (but not the underground) so it wasn't too inconvenient.

Isn't there also a Westin ?

I think one of them is located in Disneyland so presumably not that one!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
      .......- 7000 points Sheraton Miyako
      - 7000 points LeMeridien Pacific
      - 10,000 points Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
      - 10,000 points LeMeridien Grand Pacific......
      I agree that you should choose by location. Tokyo is huge. It may take you one hour or more to go cross town.

Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay is at Disney Resorts. It is way way out of town, but closer to NRT airport. LM Pacific is a good business hotel, nothing special. Westin Tokyo is probably the best Starwood hotel in Tokyo. Don't know about the other two.

Comment

Westin for sure if you can...
        Sheraton is far out of town.
        LM hotels were only recently added to Starwood portfolio so not that great.

Comment

LM Pacific is in a very good location near Shinagawa station which provides easy access to very near cool places like Roppongi (restaurants, nightlife etc), Shinjuku , Ginza (shopping) etc. But it is not a very nice hotel - 3 stars at best.

LM Grand Pacific is by the bay (Odaiba island) and has a monorail station at its doorstep. And a nice hotel even though the decor is a bit OTT. The views are beautiful if you can get a room with a view of the bay. However it is a bit far away from the action. You will be on the Yurikamone line and need to shuffle off Odaiba island and over to the main subway line to get anywhere.

Westin seems to get ok reviews but I can't really comment as I don't know where exactly its location is.

The Sheraton Miyako is a recent conversion from a Radisson and is good value because you get free internet (don't know if that's also the case on redemptions though). Unlike many Japanese hotels it's got relatively modern decor. It's also near the LM Pacific and has free shuttle buses to Shinagawa station. But the location is not the best as you're in a predominantly residential area.

Sheraton Grande is not really near anything other than Disneyland.

I'd choose by location and go for the LM Pacific since you aren't going to spend much time in ** room - hey it's Tokyo! You save Starpoints and time. And location is particularly important when you're talking about such a big city but the metro only operates from 5am to 1am, and so if you're out late you either have to hang out till 5am (clubs open till 5am on weekends) and that's not even possible some weekdays, or take an expensive cab ride back.

Enjoy Tokyo!

edited to add - Grand Hyatt is in Roppongi Hills - very happening location. Can't vouch for the quality of the hotel though as I've never stayed there nor know anyone who has.

Originally posted by Snaffled View Post
          LM hotels were only recently added to Starwood portfolio so not that great.
          They've been integrated for more than a year. After Ws, LMs are my favourite especially the Art and Tech ones. Of course, like all other brands - the quality varies by property. But as a whole I've found them to be more consistent than Sheratons. YMMV.
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 May 2007, 09:54 AM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

There was free Internet at the LM Pacific when I stayed there last August but you have to ask for a room with a dataport (not all of them do).

Comment

CGK, send a PM to Pickles or MJM on FT they will certainly help you out! If you would rather save your points then I would say the FS by Tokyo station....they will send staff to walk with you and carry your bag from Tokyo station.

Either of the Le Meridiens with the one in Shinagawa being the easiest to get to/from. Forget the Sheratons as one is in Chiba beside Disney and the other is newly reflagged Radisson. The Westin is in Ebisu and is not that convenient......IMO!

Cheers and have a nice internet day. PM me if you want translation help and I will supply my cell number to you!
              Last edited by ; 24 May 2007, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks all for the reply. I decided not to stay in Tokyo June 1. Love hurts. Will just passing through instead...

Comment

Okay, I got an award for the Westin Tokyo. I e-mail the hotel for direction using public transport. Take NEX to Shinagawa/Shibuya then take taxi. Otherwise take the bus. Now I have not gotten the answer for taking cheap JR then subway. The hotel kept saying better take NEX/taxi.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                    .....Now I have not gotten the answer for taking cheap JR then subway. The hotel kept saying better take NEX/taxi.
                    I would recommend the bus.

You could take the JR train to tokyo station and change to subway to Ebisu station. Then, follow the direction and walk to Ebisu Garden complex. It is seriously a mile long walk with a lot of turns and up/down escalators. You are better off with the bus.

Comment

Thanks... yeah I guess will take the bus when the time comes.

Comment

I've taken the bus a few times & it is comfortable & convenient. Would recommend.

Comment

Working...
                        X