The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by demue View Post
    Well I guess I must have just beaten the downtime then. Managed a Y class Saver redemption to CGK for May without too much of an issue around 17:00 SIN time today. Was looking at revenue fares and on the dates I need it is 699 SGD for an Eco RT. Crazy - rather spend 12.75K mls and 139 SGD tax and YQ (yikes on that).
    Turns out all my bookings went through and I have 4 confirmed reservations, credit card charged each time and 2 wait listed bookings for the same flight. Called SQ and they initially told me I would have to pay the cancellation fee which resulted in a some stern words.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Travelling to LHR this weekend in J and this morning I was just trying to see if I could upgrade to Suites on Saver. When I clicked on the Redeem an Upgrade, the pop-up insisted that I was trying to upgrade from Y to J, and there was no way to amend it.

Still a pain ...

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Travelling to LHR this weekend in J and this morning I was just trying to see if I could upgrade to Suites on Saver. When I clicked on the Redeem an Upgrade, the pop-up insisted that I was trying to upgrade from Y to J, and there was no way to amend it.

Still a pain ...
        Had a similar issue in the past except when I clicked on the same button the pop up window loaded the website's home page.
        The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          Travelling to LHR this weekend in J and this morning I was just trying to see if I could upgrade to Suites on Saver. When I clicked on the Redeem an Upgrade, the pop-up insisted that I was trying to upgrade from Y to J, and there was no way to amend it.

Still a pain ...
          Had that also. Found that if I logged out and then immediately logged in again, it corrected itself. Tedious.

Comment

• It's happening again...

Was testing out a few ideas for dates and destinations of redemption flights. Total merry-go-round of failed searches and bizarre error messages. Constantly wiped out the destination, told me I hadn't entered a valid destination, shifted the flight dates back by 7 days, availability checks crashed and I was told to "contact us" and when I finally somehow got to the redemption options page messages asking me if I wanted to use miles to pay for my flight, um yeah, see like I already told you that, that's why we're on a redemption flight page...

Then I tried a regular flight booking search, for Economy flights. Out came the old favourite, warning me that my "selected cabin First/Suites is not available for some flights" and sections of buttons were misaligned. Attempts to bring up a fare calendar were fruitless, instead just bringing up a date selection grid with no fare information, which when clicked just took me back to the original search result but with dates 5 days earlier despite me not altering the dates in the aforementioned window...

SIGH!

Comment

• Was trying to book a ticket on the website. Everything was going fine until inputting credit card details in the billing address. Only Japanese words were available in the country column. Had to use google to translate singapore to Japanese to input this particular column which was required. Tried 2 times. Same thing happen. Weird.

Comment

• Hmmm .. there's a new bug on SQ's app, at least on iOS. Under Flight Status, the "Date" is greyed out and ONLY shows today's date. When you want to change the date to some other date, its greyed out and will give you a "DONE" when you press on it.

Looks like the website and App is too unwieldly for SQ to manage ...

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                  Was trying to book a ticket on the website. Everything was going fine until inputting credit card details in the billing address. Only Japanese words were available in the country column. Had to use google to translate singapore to Japanese to input this particular column which was required. Tried 2 times. Same thing happen. Weird.
                  I keep having this issue where the language changes randomly, not when doing flight bookings but at other points.
                  FlyStayTravel.com - Asian Based Travel and Frequent Flyer Blog

Comment

• There's still minor issues all over it. The buttons are misaligned again in most places. I had issues today during seat selection for a booking pre-payment when it insisted for my last segment nothing about my request could be processed. After payment I went back in and selected a seat for segment without any problem. It's these little (or sometimes big) glitches that just give a bad impression.

I still miss the old website. It just worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      There's still minor issues all over it. The buttons are misaligned again in most places. I had issues today during seat selection for a booking pre-payment when it insisted for my last segment nothing about my request could be processed. After payment I went back in and selected a seat for segment without any problem. It's these little (or sometimes big) glitches that just give a bad impression.

I still miss the old website. It just worked.
                      It's also a bad FIRST impression for most who want to book with SQ for the first time, who may give up and use another airline.

And if we want the old website, if we had a time machine, we would have to go back to May 20, 2011 at the latest.

This link has even older (and acceptably working) versions of it (sadly can't book, redeem, etc with these anymore):
                      http://web.archive.org/web/201405010...ngaporeair.com
                      Last edited by SQGamespeed; 23 September 2014, 12:40 PM. Reason: Clarify link

Comment

• I stopped posting in this forum as I had nothing more to contribute but now there is something of use I discovered..

Having booked all my trips on singaporeair.com the past 3 years, experimenting with different browsers, I discovered that there is absolutely no problem with Chrome. I have had problems with other browsers but 0 with Chrome.

Maybe the site is meant to be compatible only with Chrome?! God knows.. but next time you need to use it, give it a shot with Chrome.

*edited for typos

Comment

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                          I stopped posting in this forum as I had nothing more to contribute but now there is something of use I discovered..

Having booked all my trips on singaporeair.com the past 3 years, experimenting with different browsers, I discovered that there is absolutely no problem with Chrome. I have had problems with other browsers but 0 with Chrome.

Maybe the site is meant to be compatible only with Chrome?! God knows.. but next time you need to use it, give it a shot with Chrome.

*edited for typos
                          I only use Chrome and I get errors. Although, the errors I get seem to be fewer than some other posters in this thread. That is all dependant upon what you are trying to do on the site, of course.

Comment

• I have just had the pleasure of trying to change my address, and what a learning process that was. Not only does it, for some unfathomable reason, not allow you to just fill in your address, but according to this wonderful website the county of Lancashire has the grand total of three villages, towns and cities. And one of those three listed - Barrow in Furness - isn't even in Lancashire, it's in Cumbria.

I wonder how much longer this clusterf*ck of a website will be running in it's present form ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I have just had the pleasure of trying to change my address, and what a learning process that was. Not only does it, for some unfathomable reason, not allow you to just fill in your address, but according to this wonderful website the county of Lancashire has the grand total of three villages, towns and cities. And one of those three listed - Barrow in Furness - isn't even in Lancashire, it's in Cumbria.

I wonder how much longer this clusterf*ck of a website will be running in it's present form ?.
                              Ah my home county! I shall look you up for a drink when I am in town!

Comment

• I find it somewhat odd to try to force a selection of values for something as detailed as counties in the UK or any other country for that matter instead of just allowing customers to fill it in as part of the address info. States or Provinces in the US or Canada - fine - but beyond that just does seem like a misguided quest for super accuracy which is defeated by the fact that they can't seem to be able to get the primary values for selection right. So just don't do it.

So what if customers write the addresses in slightly different formats / ways? If the membership card comes back just email the customer to provide a valid mailing address to receive it. Otherwise why would you need the physical address in the first place (or are they sending us gifts in the future for coping with the web site )?

Comment

Working...
                                X