Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most novel feature in your hotel room...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most novel feature in your hotel room...?

Not technologically ground breaking, but I was very impressed to find a huge bottle of air freshner provided in the cupboard for the use of guests "who want to eliminate bad odours".

Made me smile - but being serious after a meal out with smokers can be useful for clothing if no time to dry clean a suit.

Anyone else experience any other novelties in your hotel stays....?

Not new to me... but wifey was amazed to see a packet of raincoats included in the minibar during our stay at Pullman Bangkok King Power.

Comment

Can't remember which specific ones, but at a number of InterContinental Hotels, I've come across unusual items in the minibar such as a jet lag recovery kit, sexual intimacy kit, golf balls, etc.

In terms of room features, the InterContinental Bali loft suites had a wooden "gate" before the steps leading down from the loft bedroom, which allowed you to create a large playpen for the kids upstairs while the adults got up to no good downstairs.

Comment

Found someone else's suitcase in my room last week, but that was my fault -had picked up the wrong one at the airport!

Comment

I had a sex bench, vibrating bed, disco light & ball and a painting of a naked Venus in the bathroom a year or two back.

You know what its like after a gruelling night flight.....book into the first place you see for a couple of hours before heading to a meeting My colleague found something else though, when he opened the door to his room...... there was still people inside <cough>

Comment

Girl in the room waiting.....

Supplier had arranged it so its not exactly a hotel feature....

Comment

Why? Why? Why don't these things happen to me?? The best things that happen to me seems to be a Nespresso system in the room!

Comment

The Edition Honolulu has pāreus (3) in the room for guests to wear during their stay (available for purchase through the gift catalog )

Rather useful for the times when you forget to pack a beach sarong (or feeling too self-conscious about wearing last year's colors )

I also have a soft spot for stuffed/toy animals--anything from the stuffed duck in the suite at the Gansevoort NYC to the Conrad's teddy bear.

I once found an orphaned W rubber duckie in the driveway of my friend's film studio in Burbank, CA, of all places. Needless tosay, we adopted it and it now sits in fine company with all the French-Canadian W rubber duckie from the W Montreal
                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Heated mirrors in bathroom.... this is so that the mirror don't fog up after a shower.....

Heated toilet seat and of course heated bathroom..... this is so that you don't get a chill when you are stark naked in the bath, and the bum don't get a cold attack when you take your seat on the throne, but of course this only applies during the long cold winter months.
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Any photo TR?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      Any photo TR?
                      Are you and kyo+ trying to get me red-carded?

This is family friendly SQT you know, not SBF

Comment

Once again my good name being dragged into this! I know of no red-card issuing, SBF (eh?)-related matters, good sir! I recall the call for full-frontal was perpetuated by you, yourself, 9V-JKL!

On-topic now: Most novel feature I've ever had was an in-room humidifier at the Crowne Plaza Chitose. Perhaps even more novel was a guide on how-to-sleep that came along with the room.

If only all the other 5-star properties I frequent had this, I would be a very happy chappy. Hotel rooms are inadvertently too dry for my liking. Must be getting old...

I confess, I kept the sleeping guide... and it has improved my sleep tremendously since! Good job Japan!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          On-topic now: Most novel feature I've ever had was an in-room humidifier at the Crowne Plaza Chitose. Perhaps even more novel was a guide on how-to-sleep that came along with the room.
                          I think the sleep guide may be a CP standard feature ? I had a guide like that (along with a bottle of scent to dab on my pillow) when I stayed at a CP in Paris recently.

What's the proper etiquette in such a situation ? Do you need to tip ?

Comment

WHo do you conduct business transactions with? Who are these suppliers?! Really curious now!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              What's the proper etiquette in such a situation ? Do you need to tip ?
                              Yes, even if you decide not to 'engage'

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                              WHo do you conduct business transactions with? Who are these suppliers?! Really curious now!
                              Some questions have no answer...at least now in a public forum

Comment

Working...
                              X