No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm doubt so as Scoot have been flying to HKG using its 787 and its load factor is still poor with reported only about 50 - 60 pax on average. Think if any A380s were to fly, it would be SIN-LHR-SIN when UK opens up to Singapore and perhaps the earliest time would be in mid Nov/Dec
    Last edited by flyguy; 4 July 2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
      A part of me wonders whether SKN could be pressed into service for flights to HKG - I expect plenty of demand from there especially given recent happenings.
      Plenty of demand from HKG? The protests have been going for many months and the demand have dropped a lot during that period.

So now the demand is back due to the new law? Can HKG ppl come to Singapore in the first place?

Comment

• Hi-Fly have removed some of the seats for one of the ex-SQ A380 to carry more cargo.

https://onemileatatime.com/hi-fly-a380-cargo/

Comment

• 9V-SKJ is currently out on an air-test as SQ8899.
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
            9V-SKJ is currently out on an air-test as SQ8899.
            Will she be flying to Alice Springs for storage?
            Last edited by flyguy; 19 July 2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• 9V-SKK is on its way to Alice Springs.

Comment

• Looks like SIA's fleet of A380s will not be flying pax until early next year in 2021. That's not good for the pilots of A380s as they would not have been flying for 8 to 10 months or even more.

Comment

• https://www.flightglobal.com/sia-a38...139532.article

I don’t think SQ will completely get rid of the A380. If anything I think they’ll trim the fleet size.

Comment

• Be lucky to see the newer A380s fly again. The original batch they won't fly again

SQ has more than enough A350s to cover demand for many years

You probably won't see an A380 fky again until a vaccine is around for 6 months or more. Maybe this time next year if we are lucky

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                      Be lucky to see the newer A380s fly again. The original batch they won't fly again

SQ has more than enough A350s to cover demand for many years

You probably won't see an A380 fky again until a vaccine is around for 6 months or more. Maybe this time next year if we are lucky
                      What is this speculation based on?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        What is this speculation based on?

Common sense

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                          Common sense
                          I kinda concur. IATA did say airline industry won’t recover till 2024.

Even if vaccine is out by early next for commercial it’ll take years to vaccinate the world and there will be resistance and politic etc so ability fly big jumbos would be a talk order.

a) number of pax on a plane
                          b) countries permitting travel in and out
                          c) businesses willing to pay for travel
                          d) people’s budget. Short n medium haul I believe will be strong in recovery but long and ultra long and premium is going to be tricky.

Lots of factors in play and it’s not kind to an A380.

I love the A380 but love sometimes just ain’t enough.

Comment

• It does look like the A380s as a whole in the world's airline fleet are diminishing with many other major carriers retiring their A380s much earlier than expected like that of Air France, Lufthansa, Emirates, even Qatar etc. SIA will very likely retires its older 4 A380s which have wing issues anyway or more, and don't see SIA refitting the rest of its A380s to its ver 3 layout. SQ have 8 A380s which are over 10 years old.
                            Last edited by flyguy; 3 August 2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• 9V-SKS went out for an air-test earlier today as SQ8898.
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Looking like the end for A380s.

It really didn't make sense for them to replace their first 5 A380s with newer planes. They must have known the economics doesn't work for this aircraft after operating them for 10 yrs. I wonder why they got pressurred to maintain the fleet

Comment

Working...
                                X