Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and Welcome to SQTalk - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had a few posts here, before I realised this thread.

I also exist in Flyertalk and Australian Frequent Flyer under the same handle. Live in Sydney, no status with anyone else apart from Hilton (only Silver). I don't fly SQ much (actually, I don't fly much at all) but do enjoy SQ service. Got a whole bunch of Amex points from botched AU Amex promo last year, and this year I signed up Westpac Krisflyer CC and try to put all my spending on it. So this year, all my international fights are award redemptions. In fact, I try to redeem tickets rather than buy them.

I have been to SIN once, on trip SYD-SIN-HKG on SQ Y 5 years ago (on paid ticket). I certainly enjoyed SIN at that time, as well as excellent SQ service. I mainly fly SYD-HKG (previously on QF and recently CX) route as I am an Aussie Hongkie. I used to fly Y only due to limited funding. Only this year I began to fly J rather than Y if possible, on redemptions.

I look forward to fly SQ once again, first time in J, for CAN-SIN-SYD (one way) in Jan 2010, to try SpaceBed and New Regional J for the first time, not to mention the Silver Kris lounges in SIN. I will have to figure out what to do in SIN for 7 hours on the way though.

I look forward to fly SQ more often. My favourite airlines are CX, SQ, NZ at the moment.

My flight records, whilst not flash, are as follows:

http://my.flightmemory.com/edison

Comment

• Hi edison and wecome to SQTalk

Comment

• Bump into this forum from another forum.

Just saying hi.

Comment

• I'm DullesJason . . . on FT and now here, just hoping to learn more about SQ and hopefully make PPS someday, though it's a lot harder than it used to be!

Comment

• Welcome one and all. Have lotsa fun here

Comment

• Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

i've actually been a lurker in this forum for some time...i've also been a lurker at flyertalk. decided to register and make some posts ard...not much knowledge on SQ or *A carriers but hope i can share some of my knowledge on CX or BA if any, as i've been flying on these carriers very often the past few years.

being a singaporean but based in HK for the past almost 10 years, i thought its time to start "pledging" my loyalty to my national carrier...that was also how i got to know of sqtalk from flyertalk.

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, everyone!

Comment

• Hi, during the last 10years we have used Bangkok as the hub of all our travels , but commemcing late October we moved this to Jakarta. The exit stragety from Australia is a relaxing flight on a GA A332 with nanny nap on the way over and an ice cream prior to landing. During 2009 Singapore offered unbelievable business class deals on all the Asian ports we frequent. Our 2010 plan is simple, Indonesia will be covered from CGK then we will reposition into Singapore transitting onwards to our destination.

It is time consuming compared to our previous carrier which positioned us in Bangkok, but the Garuda fare from MEL in business makes this marriage of GA and SQ very benificial to us, in fact it works out 37% cheaper than previously. Anyone who tells you SQ is expensive, doesn't know how to buy airfares, our preferred hotels will remain as Hyatt whom we have found to be the best in this region offering club floors in the majority of the hotels we use, Indonesia with JOG and DPS so close to SIN, makes FFNs a dream to achieve.

For the first months we will be a sponge and soak up all your knowledge, good to be on board, it will be fun, regards bkkflyer

Comment

• Hello Everyone!
                    Thank You For Flying With Singapore Airlines , A Member Of Star Alliance.

Comment

• Hi everyone. I'm new here. My name is John. I'm here in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia right now and this is my first time joining a forum. I was onboard Singapore Airlines going here in Riyadh. I hope a warmth welcome from you guys. cheers.

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk! Riyadh, wouldn't mind going there someday myself!

Comment

• Hi there, BigTop here from KUL. One thing I have to share is I found out about this website when I saw someone in Changi visiting this website

Comment

• Welcome to the board BigTop! As you will soon discover, there are several of us here based in KUL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigTop View Post
                              Hi there, BigTop here from KUL. One thing I have to share is I found out about this website when I saw someone in Changi visiting this website
                              Must be MAN Flyer...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                Must be MAN Flyer...
                                Oh what makes you think so? Does he always hang around in Changi?

Comment

Working...
                                X