BTC selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjteo View Post
    I will be traveling from HKG - SFO - HKG on J end of the month, I was looking at the BTC menu but realise nothing enticing. May be someone could help make a recommendation for both route?

Thank you.
    I was looking at the F menu for JFK-FRA-SIN and back as well and also did not find anything interesting. Maybe I am missing something...

Comment

Having seen the nasi lemak on SQ F in the past, imho it'd be an awesome dish to get to try. Having said that, I live near Adam food court in Singapore... I guess when I deplane i'll just head over and queue up for some of the good stuff Tis too bad you can BTC something like that for the Breakfast meal instead...

P.S. Post 200!

Comment

Would like to bump this, but is there any way to DE-select BTC? I tried to switch the selection to *select a main course* and it retained my previous selection *Veal knuckle with bread dumplings out of FRA per HUGE AL's suggestion*. Though i suspect I should just leave it and see what else they're having loaded. I've become quite adroit at abusing airline websites.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
          Would like to bump this, but is there any way to DE-select BTC? I tried to switch the selection to *select a main course* and it retained my previous selection *Veal knuckle with bread dumplings out of FRA per HUGE AL's suggestion*. Though i suspect I should just leave it and see what else they're having loaded. I've become quite adroit at abusing airline websites.
          Just leave it, there is no harm having the BTC loaded. There'll definitely be spare meals on board, so you can leave your Veal knuckle for breakfast and pick something off the menu if you like.

Comment

Has anyone tried the "Toasted multigrain country bread with herb cottage cheese, grilled vegetables and fresh berries low fat yoghurt" as a breakfast BTC (ideally ex-AMS) ?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDan View Post
              Has anyone tried the "Toasted multigrain country bread with herb cottage cheese, grilled vegetables and fresh berries low fat yoghurt" as a breakfast BTC (ideally ex-AMS) ?
              How are they going to attempt combining savory and sweet in one?

They also have the same item ex-SYD. I'm vegetarian and I couldn't find anything edible on the BTC menu other than this item for my breakfast flight to SIN!

Comment

I will be on SQ326 in F in early May...it's gonna be my first long, long haul SQ F experience (did SQ25 and PEK-SIN-PEK before). Please help me out with the meal selection. There is just too many mouth watering dishes on the menu...

If I saw correctly, I could BTC two meals for this flight. I am thinking of sticking with the menu for lunch, and then BTC for the light meal. I had Kyo-Kaiseki on SIN-PEK last year and loved it. Was thinking of going for Kyo-Kaiseki... Yu Pian Mi Fen sounds tempting as well though... In J, I normally pick the Curry Chicken...simple but delicious. But J I do more often, so will not go for the chicken unless it is vastly different in F.

Looking forward to your ideas!!
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                  I am thinking of sticking with the menu for lunch, and then BTC for the light meal. I had Kyo-Kaiseki on SIN-PEK last year and loved it. Was thinking of going for Kyo-Kaiseki... Yu Pian Mi Fen sounds tempting as well though... In J, I normally pick the Curry Chicken...simple but delicious. But J I do more often, so will not go for the chicken unless it is vastly different in F.

In the past 23 months, I have BTC'd Kyo-Kaiseki in F on flights ranging from the red eye to Sydney, SQ 860 (at the time when it was 77W), and SQ 2, but got tired of it after a while.

Never BTC'd the Yu Pian Mi Fen before (not a particularly big fan of mai fun), but the one in 9V-SIA's TR does look yummy And you really can't go wrong with curry chicken cuz it's comfort food.

I lucked out on one of my outbound SQ 68s recently--last December, they had ba kut teh on the menu for the second meal before touchdown in BCN and the serving was huge! The bowl looked bigger than the LSS who served it and she had to come back a second time to deliver a full tray of condiments! And I counted the ribs--they were more than contained in any serving of bkt I've had landside!
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                    I will be on SQ326 in F in early May...it's gonna be my first long, long haul SQ F experience (did SQ25 and PEK-SIN-PEK before). Please help me out with the meal selection. There is just too many mouth watering dishes on the menu...

If I saw correctly, I could BTC two meals for this flight. I am thinking of sticking with the menu for lunch, and then BTC for the light meal. I had Kyo-Kaiseki on SIN-PEK last year and loved it. Was thinking of going for Kyo-Kaiseki... Yu Pian Mi Fen sounds tempting as well though... In J, I normally pick the Curry Chicken...simple but delicious. But J I do more often, so will not go for the chicken unless it is vastly different in F.

I like the Laksa and it's only available in F.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                      I like the Laksa and it's only available in F.
                      SQueeze, thanks, that's really helpful!! Now I got another option to consider...I love Laksa. *daydreams of that one Laksa stall* This isn't getting any easier. Hmmm...
                      /Desert Traveller

Comment

I can tell you that most crew I know recommend against anything with seafood ex-SIN. Wasn't the Ribeye USA PRIME before? That's a good option if you're going to opt out of it for the crew. Most people have ripped on the Lobster Thermidor. That stuffed chicken breast sounds good. I had the veal in a different preparation IIRC -- it was really tough. Rack of Lamb is always good. The Chicken Rice is passable. Whatever you do, stay away from the Duck with Yam Rice. A famous SQTalker told me to give it a try (in all fairness, he hadn't had it himself but we both thought it might be really good). It SUCKED.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

I was just looking at the options for BTC ex-SIN in R and saw "Kyo Kaiseki" as an option for the breakfast menu! Is there any difference between the supper-Kaiseki and the breakfast-Kaiseki? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            I can tell you that most crew I know recommend against anything with seafood ex-SIN. [...] Rack of Lamb is always good. [...]
                            The closer the flight date, the more tempted I am by the rack of lamb for the 'light' meal...the local options are better enjoyed in true local fashion me thinks.

I better start asking for 'carry off the plane' service...breakfast in Conrad, brunch in the TPR, followed by lunch and a light meal...looking forward to roll off board.
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Ok. Just decided on the following BTC after a couple of years non-BTCeing:

1. out of SIN: 8oz rib steak for supper
                              2. Out of JFK (J): grilled shrimp and scallop in mustard tarragon sauce
                              3. out of FRA (J): gratinated prawns with brandy sauce, toasted multigrain (new)

Except for steak, not usually keen on red meats.

Have I made decent choices or should I just go with regular?

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post

1. out of SIN: 8oz rib steak for supper

Except for steak, not usually keen on red meats.

Have I made decent choices or should I just go with regular?
                                BTC'd the aforementioned dish in the past and was disappointed. Considering the BTC menu (ex-SIN) hasn't changed much in the last few years, I would say the on-board catering on this sector (SQ26 I presume) should suffice.
                                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X