Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
    Lol. Mr Huge,

I know that page exists, I've found it before. I just couldn't get to the BTC dropdown option when doing it online, when you're selecting meals. I'm wondering why that's the case. And I want my FISHBALL MEE
    When is your flight? The BTC menu sometimes does not appear till within a few months of the flight. Not sure why the inconsistency but this is something I have noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Tsk,...always panhandling for Krug that boy!
      There's no panhandling...I did the boy a favor!

Lol. Mr Huge,

I know that page exists, I've found it before. I just couldn't get to the BTC dropdown option when doing it online, when you're selecting meals. I'm wondering why that's the case. And I want my FISHBALL MEE
      "dropdown???" Is this because I'm using the UK/USA site? We don't have a dropdown, just cities to click.
      HUGE AL

Comment

coffeeblack, are you in J or F? The selection which the Huge one referred to is only available in F.

HUGE AL, the "dropdown" box appears when he/she logs into his/her booking and actually tries to make the BTC request.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          coffeeblack, are you in J or F? The selection which the Huge one referred to is only available in F.
          F - FRA-SIN but in July 2011? Do you think that's a factor

HUGE AL, the "dropdown" box appears when he/she logs into his/her booking and actually tries to make the BTC request.
          Yep! You hit it right on the money. That was what I was referring to.

Comment

Possibly. I am guessing the choices you have are the more "generic" stuff that are offered on a number of routes? Probably gives them the freedom to switch around menus at a later date (it is still about 10 months away).
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post

Ahhh...I usually just phone it in after looking at the menu. SQ's website has not been the most reliable for me.

Yes and no. The BTC menu hasn't changed too much over the years. That said, a regional dish, such as the one I recommended, might change.
              HUGE AL

Comment

I don't know if it's just me, but on my *A redemption bookings, I can't BTC through the tabs/drop down menus once logged into KF.

However, when I did a paid J and an KF award redemption, it allowed me to select the BTC menu choices... could this be a reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  I don't know if it's just me, but on my *A redemption bookings, I can't BTC through the tabs/drop down menus once logged into KF.

However, when I did a paid J and an KF award redemption, it allowed me to select the BTC menu choices... could this be a reason?
                  I have the same experience as you so possibly that may be the reason

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Idem ditto here....
                    Never could do BTC online with *A redemption (except on the time period before the "Pandora Box" has opened.... my fault.. ahhh... miss that old time....)
                    No drop down menu was available...
                    Only with KF redemption online it was succeed...

Comment

I am flying LAX-Tokyo-SIN and am thinking of using the BTC service. This will be my first - any recommendations?

Comment

Report: I used BTC for the veal knuckle FRA-SIN. I made the mistake of eating very very slowly and enjoying each course and working my way through the terrine, the soup, and the salad. By the time the entree was served, it was dry and mostly tasteless. Yuck. Also the FAs forgot the caviar course, and the pinot noir had failed to be boarded. Pretty disappointing flight from culinary perspective.

Comment

I'm doing a SIN - TPE - SIN in March, anyone tried the BTC Chirashi sushi ex-TPE, how is it? I'm quite a fan of Japanese food, esp sashimi. I'm in J.

From the search, only picture of Chirashi sushi that came up is this, which is ex-HKG.

Comment

Nasi biryani BTC out of SIN

Does any one know if the Nasi Biryani catered out of SIN is Chicken or beef based?
                            I am thinking of BTC in C out of Sin In Feb , but I prefer not to eat any red meat. i would appreciate your insight.

Comment

Think it was chicken...

Comment

I will be traveling from HKG - SFO - HKG on J end of the month, I was looking at the BTC menu but realise nothing enticing. May be someone could help make a recommendation for both route?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X