No announcement yet.

BTC selection help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you guys are flying F and want to have Nasi Lemak. Alamakh, go into SIN and you can have great Nasi Lemak at several places for between 3-5S$ depending on which hawker stall is your favorite (every local has an opinion on their favorite one of course ).

For the Lobster, being mainly a J flyer Ihave had the slipper lobster a few times out of SIN and it was from great to soso (tad chewy - could be crew overheated it). One of the lamb loin dishes my GF had from SIN to ZRH in J and it was quite good (slight pink inside). I had the nut-crusted veal on that trip and it was also pretty decent. Not WOW, OMG, Best ever ..., but not "nuked to death" and palatable.

In general, fish dishes tend to be better prepared / tasting than meat dishes unless you don't mind red meat well done in general as it is harder to mess them up when heating up the food. Out of FRA I haven't BTC for a long time, but I would try to stick to something that is usually common and well done in that location / country. YMMV

Comment

• Hi all,

Would appreciate if someone could help me with a few questions. I am flying F/Suite Sin-NRT-LAX and J on the way back in December.

1) Is satay always served as a snack in F and Suite or do I have to BTC (It's one of the choices)?

2) Saw this. "Poached Egg Served with Hollandaise Sauce"
      Poached egg served with hollandaise sauce with sliced lobster, asparagus and potato hash (inclusive of Breakfast service)
      What does "inclusive of breakfast service" mean?

3) What do they serve for the selection Japanese healthy breakfast?

4) How is the dim sum compared to the poached eggs?

Thanks!

Comment

• How is the Lamb Shank Curry in J out of SYD? I am generally skeptical of beef fillet on flights an have heard great things about the Lamb Shank out of SIN but how about out of SYD?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUDan130 View Post
          How is the Lamb Shank Curry in J out of SYD? I am generally skeptical of beef fillet on flights an have heard great things about the Lamb Shank out of SIN but how about out of SYD?
          I've only had it in F (and when there was nobody else in the cabin with me), but it was one of the most delicious lamb shanks I've had in my life -- on the ground or in the air. Lamb Shank ex-Australia is THE BEST way to go!
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Thanks so much! Also for F class breakfasts whats the difference between Nasi Lemak and Nasi Biryani and what is generally better executed/recommended out of SIN?

Comment

• Any recommendations ex-LAX?

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
                Any recommendations ex-LAX?
                Of all the stations, the Lobster Thermidor used to be best ex-LAX. That and the Beef Sukiyaki were popular years ago. Perhaps either one deserves a revisit…if not for a more up to date review.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Thanks Al!

My partner and I am deciding between the sea bass and crab ravioli...

Comment

• For business class on flights between LAX and NRT, is the Hanakoireki offered on the regular menu? I can't find it on the book the cook list.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxymoron1984 View Post
                      For business class on flights between LAX and NRT, is the Hanakoireki offered on the regular menu? I can't find it on the book the cook list.
                      Hanakoireki is on the regular menu.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ319 View Post
                        Hanakoireki is on the regular menu.
                        Thanks! Appreciate the help.

Comment

• Should I BTC from HND-SIN and outbound from SIN? Or just wait for the standard F menu?

If I BTC, can I swap it for something on the standard F menu?

Will there be caviar on the overnight flights?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucksta View Post
                            Should I BTC from HND-SIN and outbound from SIN? Or just wait for the standard F menu?

If I BTC, can I swap it for something on the standard F menu?

Will there be caviar on the overnight flights?
                            Check out the BTC menu and see if there is anything you fancy. If breakfast is going to be served on your flight, then I won't BTC, as I don't fancy the breakfast options.

If you have BTC-ed and want something else from the regular menu just tell the staff when they come round to take your order.

Re caviar - no caviar on overnight flights. iirc, caviar is only served for lunch and dinner.

Comment

• What's the difference between Boston Lobster Thermidor and Classic Lobster Thermidor. Both are available on F menu BTC from sin

Comment

• Well, one lobster is from the United States... and the other one didn't have a passport, unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                                X