Changi Rewards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi Rewards

Anyone got/use this or is it new ?. I can't recall seeing anything about it before.

Might not be a bad idea if you can covert your points to KF miles I suppose. I used to buy quite a bit in Changi going back years but all I seem to buy these days are animals from the Singapore Zoo shop in T2.

http://www.changirewards.com/intro.html

I have the card but now never spend a penny at Changi so the whole point was......err, pointless.

Comment

if one is SIN-based and make some purchases in Changi every once in a while - whether airside duty free, including liquour, or landside restaurants and cafes - can be quite worth it. Last year, I make only occasional purchases, I'm sure no more than $400, but this Rewards card got me SGD40 of vouchers.

The hitch is the inconvenience of registering - T3 is at B2 opposite the foodcourt, and with all the pen (yes, pen) and paperwork, can be quite a queue.

Comment

It's been running for over a year now.

The KF miles conversion were a recent enhancement.

I do shop a bit for stuff that are 7% cheaper than landside and coupled with 4 miles per dollar on the credit card, it adds up to quite a bit.

Comment

I always forget to flash the card when I buy stuff (which over the years, is quite a significant amount). I've used it twice, for a total of only $120 worth of spend so far, nothing worth writing about. But it theoretically should be good, esp. with the KF miles conversion finally being a benefit worth pursuing.

(and why the heck are you buying so many stuffed animals, MAN Flyer?! )

Comment

Guess the moderator didn't like my attempt to post last time. In order to transfer to KF you'll have to spend a minimum $S4,000 in their calendar year.
            FlyStayTravel.com - Asian Based Travel and Frequent Flyer Blog

Comment

they actually scrapped the system where u can get up to 8% rebate a year quietly to the current system

Comment

It's time to make this thread revive ! Anyone using Changi Rewards ?

1. I registered for Changi Rewards a few years ago thinking I would not get anything from it but actually, you have advantages even if you use it rarely. Shops in Changi usually give a small rebate to Changi Rewards holders even when buying an item which costs 15SG$. Loyalty is not necessary but big spending amounts can give you many advantages.

2. I have recently realized that all shops in Changi (regardless whether public or private area, money exchange office, supermarkets, food court, duty free, bookshop) are linked to an integrated POS system. I don't know if anyone has noticed this but when you buy something at Changi (not necessarily with your rewards card) your receipt format will always be the same: Receipt number followed by this format: 0012-0001234 , Date&Time, Store number, POS Empl, Evt ID...

This goes beyond the integrated POS networks that you might have within different stores from the same group but instead includes differently owned stores within the same network. For those interested in IT and POS systems, this must be complex for stores which have their own integrated POS system (e.g.Starbucks). I guess that shops in Changi Airports must be giving-up their POS system to be integrated to the Airport's centralized one (or being linked to two different systems would be too complex).

As far as I know, shops in the airport are not full franchises. The staff working there is employed by the respective brand rather than the airport or am I getting that wrong?

Having said that, this explains how Changi Rewards is able to work: you can basically go to any store and your info will be retrieved thanks to the integrated POS.

This system must be great for analytic purposes as it helps the airport to determine shopping trends and revenues instantly; that's probably part of what makes Changi number 1!

Comment

Working...
                X