• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGK Airport Guide

Arriving:

Customs and Immigration formalities.

Do I need to fill out any forms?
    There are two types of immigration forms: one for visitors and one for Indonesian passport holders.

Visa On Arrival (VOA)
    Nationals of the following 35 (thirty-five) countries and 1 (one) territory can apply for their tourist visa upon arrival at CGK airport for a maximum visit of 30 (thirty) days:
    1. South Africa
    2. United States of America
    3. Argentina
    4. Australia
    5. Austria
    6. Belgium
    7. Brasilia
    8. Denmark
    9. United Arab Emirates
    10. Finland
    11. Hungary
    12. India
    13. UK
    14. Ireland
    15. Italia
    16. Japan
    17. Germany
    18. Canada
    19. South Korea
    20. Kuwait
    21. Luxemburg
    22. Maldives
    23. Egypt
    24. Norway
    25. Oman
    26. France
    27. Poland
    28. Portugal
    29. Qatar
    30. People's Republic of China
    31. Russia
    32. Swiss
    33. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    34. New Zealand
    35. Spain
    36. Taiwan

Entry Requirements For Visa On Arrival (VOA)
    1. Passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months as from the date of entry into Indonesia
    2. Onward or return tickets are compulsory
    3. No compulsory vaccinations
    A fee of US$ 10.00 is charged for a 7-day stay Visit Visa (single entry) or US$ 25.00 for a 30-day stay Visit Visa (single entry).

Additional information from UMD:
    Your passport must have at least one blank page as the visa sticker takes up one full page.

Sources: www.indonesian-embassy.or.jp, www.garuda-indonesia.com

Originally posted by UMD
    As of March 2006, Dutch nationalities will be able to enjoy the VOA facilities. VOA is now applicable for 36 countries and 1 special territory with the addition of The Netherlands
    The nationalities from the following 11 countries and territories will be able to enter Indonesia without any visa:
    - Brunei Darussalam
    - Chile
    - Hongkong
    - Macau
    - Malaysia
    - Morrocco
    - Peru
    - Philippines
    - Singapore
    - Thailand
    - Vietnam
    How to get through Immigration quicker?
    Run like there’s no tomorrow upon disembarking the aircraft.
    Okay, walk fast if you can’t run.
    It can be the difference between 1 minute wait and 30 minutes wait.

Luggage reclaim : Do priority tags work? Is it quick or slow?
    Priority tags (at least on SQ and CX) are useful as the ground handling agent do take care that check-in bags are loaded on carousel according to their priority. Usually VIPs (triangular golden paper tagged) and Solitaire bags are loaded first, then First Class, then Raffles Class/Star Gold. Sometimes not necessarily in this order as Customs pre-screen bags before they arrive on carousel. This affects the loading order.
    But yes, overall priority tags work here in CGK.

Originally posted by globetrekker84
    Also, when getting your bags off the carousel, take a look around your bag and see if they have a white or yellow chalk mark on it. That means that the customs officers will open up your bag when you get there. Usually this happens when you have golf clubs - they want to make sure you're not bringing new clubs. Basically they just want to see if they can find something that they can tax you on - they've tried to tax me for a jigsaw puzzle.
    SOLUTION: Be very discreet. Use your saliva (or a wet wipe), and quickly erase it.
    Transport to Town tips – what’s the best way?
    Taxis – Blue Bird group (www.bluebirdgroup.com) is the most reputable around. They offer regular taxis, executive taxis, and chartered cars (from Mercedes-Benz sedans to Toyota Innova/Alphard if you need more space for people or luggage).

Originally posted by globetrekker84
    Agreed. There are two reliable taxis into town: Blue Bird (they may have different names on the sides of their cars) and Silver Bird (the latter being a bigger and more luxurious car and runs a faster meter). Silver Bird has their own special queue (usually 3 are in line at any one time). Shouldn't be too hard to miss - the black cars are fairly noticeable and there is a good sign for it. However, if you want the regular Blue Bird, once you exit customs, turn right to get through the welcome area and make a first left out of the terminal. Then wade past all those people offering illegal taxis to get to the Blue Bird queue (usually there is only one car) at the very end of the line - should be right next to the crosswalk. Before you get in, just walk up to the front of the car and take a look at the windshield. There should be a sign saying that it is part of the Blue Bird Group. There are too many new taxi companies that copy Blue Bird's colors and try to trick people thinking it is a Blue Bird. Can't be too careful nowadays.
    Are there airport hotels? Are they airside? Are they within the compound?
    Quality Hotel is located in terminal 2. Sheraton Bandara is located in the airport complex but off terminal.

Things to avoid: The pitfalls of this place
    Illegal taxis.

Departing:

INTERNATIONAL - T2

Who has lounges here, and which one can I use?
    There are eight lounges airside: three near D gates (Esplanade, Premier, Pura Indah and five near E gates (Mutiara, Citibank, Emerald Sky, Garuda Indonesia International Lounge, and HSBC Premier)

SQ First Class, Raffles Class, and PPS passengers use the Esplanade Lounge. The lounge is a joint-venture between SQ and the ground handling agent PT. JAS, thus there is some “SKL” feel to this lounge. The lounge is nice with large windows, and offers decent selections of food and beverage. Free wireless internet & some internet terminals.

SQ Elite Gold & Star Gold passengers are given an invitation to either Premier Lounge or Pura Indah Lounge.

I’ve got access to more than one lounge, which one’s the best?
    Premier Lounge and Pura Indah are pretty decent after their latest renovations. However Esplanade is still the best in my opinion - it is exclusively for SQ F/J/PPS only, while the others allows passengers from other airlines + certain banks' cardholders which makes them quite crowded at times.

What sort of food is available in the concourse areas?
    There is a Starbucks Coffee outlet and some other snack counters

Any immigration forms on departure?
    The departure form is attached to the arrival form.

Any airport tax to be paid on departure?
    IDR 150,000 (up from IDR 100,000 since 2009) - approximately USD 14 - and this is never included in your ticket price.

Is there free internet around somewhere?
    In the lounges.

How strict are they with hand luggage here?
    It depends on the airline you are traveling on. SQ is quite relaxed in general – as long as you are not planning to carry a kitchen sink onboard you should be fine.

Security – Laptops out? Shoes off? Tips? Any No-Liquid restrictions?
    They don’t require laptops to be taken out of hand luggage. No need to take off your shoes for x-ray. Liquid And Gel (LAG) restriction (max 100ml containers in 1 liter clear zip-lock plastic bag) is in effect.

Can I smoke in this airport? Where?
    There are smoking rooms in the lounges and smoking areas in the terminal (airside).

Connecting through here:

Are the international terminals and domestic terminals in the same building?
    Some domestic flights depart from T2, some from T1. International is at T2.
    T3 started operations in April 2009 for RI and QZ domestic flights.

Will I need to clear CIQ before going on to my next international or domestic flight?
    Yes, if you are connecting to a domestic flight.

To transfer to another flight (or to return to SIN on the same aircraft ):
    If you already have your onward boarding pass, go up the escalator after the transfer counter (passing through the security check, if present), straight into the Esplanade lounge and then pay the departure tax at the gate (S$ will do nicely but no change given). [Source: jhm]

If you don't already have your BP, get it at the transfer counter before going up the escalator to departure area.

Plenty of useful information here:
    World Travel Guide - Jakarta Airport
    Last edited by StarG; 1 June 2009, 05:22 PM.

Thanks, StarG!

Perhaps add some info for those whose stay in Indonesia will be a matter of hours, i.e. if you already have your BP, go up the escalator after the transfer counter (passing through the security check, if present), straight into the Esplanade lounge and then pay the departure tax at the gate (S$ will do nicely but no change given).
    Last edited by jhm; 9 January 2007, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Added your info. Thanks jhm.

Comment

Two things to add:

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        How to get through Immigration quicker?
        Run like there’s no tomorrow upon disembarking the aircraft.
        Okay, walk fast if you can’t run.
        It could be the difference between 1 minutes wait and 31 minutes wait.
        It's even more awesome if you have some connections (family friend works there) and be able to blow right through immigration and customs. I just walk right on through the diplomatic/crew door on the far right side of the immigration desks and get waved for that last screening prior to exit.

Luggage reclaim : Do priority tags work? Is it quick or slow?
        Priority tags (at least on SQ and CX) are useful as the ground handling agent do take care that check-in bags are loaded on carousel according to their priority. Usually VIPs (triangular golden paper tagged) and Solitaire bags are loaded first, then First Class, then Raffles Class/Star Gold. Sometimes not necessarily in this order as Customs pre-screen bags before they arrive on carousel. This affects the loading order.
        But yes, overall priority tags work here in CGK.
        Also, when getting your bags off the carousel, take a look around your bag and see if they have a white or yellow chalk mark on it. That means that the customs officers will open up your bag when you get there. Usually this happens when you have golf clubs - they want to make sure you're not bringing new clubs. Basically they just want to see if they can find something that they can tax you on - they've tried to tax me for a jigsaw puzzle.
        SOLUTION: Be very discreet. Use your saliva (or a wet wipe), and quickly erase it.

Transport to Town tips – what’s the best way?
        Taxis – Blue Bird group is most reputable around.
        Agreed. There are two reliable taxis into town: Blue Bird (they may have different names on the sides of their cars) and Silver Bird (the latter being a bigger and more luxurious car and runs a faster meter). Silver Bird has their own special queue (usually 3 are in line at any one time). Shouldn't be too hard to miss - the black cars are fairly noticeable and there is a good sign for it. However, if you want the regular Blue Bird, once you exit customs, turn right to get through the welcome area and make a first left out of the terminal. Then wade past all those people offering illegal taxis to get to the Blue Bird queue (usually there is only one car) at the very end of the line - should be right next to the crosswalk. Before you get in, just walk up to the front of the car and take a look at the windshield. There should be a sign saying that it is part of the Blue Bird Group. There are too many new taxi companies that copy Blue Bird's colors and try to trick people thinking it is a Blue Bird. Can't be too careful nowadays.
        Last edited by globetrekker84; 11 January 2007, 04:31 PM. Reason: Added taxi positions.

Comment

As of March 2006, Dutch nationalities will be able to enjoy the VOA facilities. VOA is now applicable for 36 countries and 1 special territory with the addition of The Netherlands

The nationalities from the following 11 countries and territories will be able to enter Indonesia without any visa:

- Brunei Darussalam
          - Chile
          - Hongkong
          - Macau
          - Malaysia
          - Morrocco
          - Peru
          - Philippines
          - Singapore
          - Thailand
          - Vietnam
          Last edited by UMD; 17 January 2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

What has happened to McDonald's that used to be in the D concourse years ago? Is is still there? Silly me but the last 4 times I was at CGK, I went directly to the Esplanade lounge.

Comment

Thanks for the update, UMD. Added your information to the OP.
              The McDonald's has been gone for quite some time now (perhaps 3-4 years?).

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                It's even more awesome if you have some connections (family friend works there) and be able to blow right through immigration and customs. I just walk right on through the diplomatic/crew door on the far right side of the immigration desks and get waved for that last screening prior to exit.
                I am not so sure whether this still exists. I remember that Hotel Dharmawangsa offers a pick-up service all the way from the air bridge for their hotel guests.

Comment

Now if you are a member of Sapphire, you can now go through the immigration without any queue. All it needs is the scan of your irises.

Comment

Lounges at Terminal E International

I could not locate the new Garuda lounge. But here are some other lounges:

Mutiara Lounge

CitiBank

Emerald Sky

Comment

2 free meals with drinks at starbucks for holders of ANZ platinum visa or mastercard.

Comment

Any airport tax to be paid on departure?
                        IDR 100,000 (approximately USD 11) – this is never included on your ticket price.
                        Now IDR 150,000 of course.

Comment

Thanks for the update, jhm.
                          When I departed last month it was still IDR 100,000.

Comment

Wondering how to gain access to the Citibank lounge? Is it for Citibank credit card holders?

Comment

Yes, but i believe only Indonesia-issued Citibank Platinum cards are eligible. It seems to also accept some other bank cards.

Comment

Working...
                              X