A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sinner View Post
    Wondering if there's a planned date for the SQ308?

I must say I prefer the old F, but the new J.
    None that I know of, wasn't there a time when SQ308/321 got the new A380 when it had a spare on the ground?

Comment

• Dr. Peters begins scrapping of two ex-SIA A380s

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1411791

Sad but seemed inevitable...

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
        These are the 5 first built A380s with heavier weight and wing and rewiring issues. However there seemsto be no secondhand values of used A380s as even later built A380s are not able to find new owners - as Malaysian Airline have been trying to get rid of its 6 A380s without success and so too was Thai A380s.

Comment

• Is the retrofit for the remaining A380 fleet being re-considered and might be scrapped for good?

There does not seem to be any further retrofitting happening, does it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            Is the retrofit for the remaining A380 fleet being re-considered and might be scrapped for good?

What does the retrofit have to do with Dr. Peters' group scrapping the 5 early A380's?

They said they are going to retrofit the A380s soon, and the most recent article says they are to start the process from late 2018 (Well we're already in 2019, so they could have very well started this) according to this link even though it's from late 2017:

https://www.mro-network.com/maintena...trofit-program

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              What does the retrofit have to do with Dr. Peters' group scrapping the 5 early A380's?

They said they are going to retrofit the A380s soon, and the most recent article says they are to start the process from late 2018 (Well we're already in 2019, so they could have very well started this) according to this link even though it's from late 2017:

https://www.mro-network.com/maintena...trofit-program
              You misunderstand the object being “scrapped” in the OP’s post. It’s clearly a reference to the retrofit programme, not the scrapping of A380s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                Is the retrofit for the remaining A380 fleet being re-considered and might be scrapped for good?

Most likely the retrofit will only start after June 2019 when JFK get the 441 seater A380. And guess those Ver 1 A380 most likely won’t get retrofit.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  He didn't say that??

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    Most likely the retrofit will only start after June 2019 when JFK get the 441 seater A380. And guess those Ver 1 A380 most likely won’t get retrofit.
                    No, I interpret the switch to Ver 1 in June on JFK to be because by then they won't have enough Ver 2 left to reliably operate SQ26/5. The refit could be underway already with SKQ. We just have to wait and see- there's been no announcements to the contrary but nothing to indicate they're started yet either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      No, I interpret the switch to Ver 1 in June on JFK to be because by then they won't have enough Ver 2 left to reliably operate SQ26/5. The refit could be underway already with SKQ. We just have to wait and see- there's been no announcements to the contrary but nothing to indicate they're started yet either.
                      So far, there isn’t any indication of any flight going to change to 6F within the next 2-3 months. But there seem to be some confirmation that one of the current London A380 (SQ308) will be going from 12F to 6F from 1st sept.

Comment

• I have two sq26 flights in June and Oct. I really hope I can get a retrofit a380

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                          So far, there isn’t any indication of any flight going to change to 6F within the next 2-3 months. But there seem to be some confirmation that one of the current London A380 (SQ308) will be going from 12F to 6F from 1st sept.
                          September is plenty of time away, but I'm guessing that there may be some retrofitted A380's coming by then. SKQ and SKS are out of action according to FR24 so I suspect they will be retrofitted.

Originally posted by Triniflyer View Post
                          I have two sq26 flights in June and Oct. I really hope I can get a retrofit a380
                          Don't bank on SQ26/25 being a retrofitted A380 at this time. That pair uses 3 aircraft frames. I would bank on the European flights (i.e. CDG) and maybe some Australian flights in the future. After all, SQ217/218 will be switching back to a 77W later this year, so I predict this a sign of things to come for the A380.

Comment

• 2nd daily LHR and SYD service with the new A380 set for September 1:

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/01/23/m...efitted-a380s/

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                              2nd daily LHR and SYD service with the new A380 set for September 1:

https://mainlymiles.com/2019/01/23/m...efitted-a380s/
                              I wonder when the first A380 will be retrofitted. SKQ has returned back to service unrefitted, but SKS is still out. We've all presumed that so far but it could very well be regular maintenance.

Comment

• There are some news that suggets that the refitted A380s will ply some routes from September onwards - which would put the first refurbishment of the older A380s to start from July onwards, and there were mentioned that some improvements will be made and hope for the suites the doors will not face directly opposite to each other as to offer some privacy when the doors are opened.

Comment

Working...
                                X