Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF redemption ticketing Question

Hi Folks,

A quick search provided some pointers but it'd be mighty helpful incase anyone could add any insights.

I have a F-Saver redemption for myself (using SQ miles, I'm an SQ *G):
    SQ 2 HKG-SFO 30Apr08 confirmed
    SQ 1 SFO-HKG 11May08 waitlisted

For the return leg, I see wide availability in the revenue F fare classes.

My understanding is that SQ is likely to open up more award seats closer to the travel date for the return leg. Herein lies the quandry - my ticketing deadline is 25th April - what happens if another award seat doesn't open up by then?

As per the Krisflyer call center, I could book my return leg for a date when there is a seat available and waitlist for my preferred date. However they pointed out that this entails a loss of the 15% online redemption discount (anyway of doing this online?).

Any wagers on the likelihood of another O seat opening up before my ticketing deadline?
    Any way of extending my ticketing deadline?

Should I wait a while (at the risk of losing other dates for which seats are available around my preferred date)?
    Any idea how many days before a flight are more seats released, if revenue bookings are low?

Originally posted by jagmeets View Post
    My understanding is that SQ is likely to open up more award seats closer to the travel date for the return leg. Herein lies the quandry - my ticketing deadline is 25th April - what happens if another award seat doesn't open up by then?
    A very common problem - for which the only option for you to take is a cancellation or ask them to hold off for 2-3 more days.

As per the Krisflyer call center, I could book my return leg for a date when there is a seat available and waitlist for my preferred date. However they pointed out that this entails a loss of the 15% online redemption discount (anyway of doing this online?).
    There's no way of doing this online, however you could ask them nicely to waive it - some agents might bend the rules a bit because they understand the system isn't foolproof and can't take into account every single possibility. They escalate the issue up to a supervisor who is granted fairly wide latitude and discretion. The supervisor then authorises the agent with a 15PC code. They DO tend to err on the sympathetic side, in my experience.

Any wagers on the likelihood of another O seat opening up before my ticketing deadline?
    If revenue seats are available, there tends to be some at the T-3 day mark (from my experience), however, that might be too little too late for you. I've seen as many as 6 O classes on the day of departure on a 744. It certainly didn't open up that way at T-361 or whenever it is that SQ opens up for bookings.

Any way of extending my ticketing deadline?
    Yes, just ask them - it really depends on the agent you talk to, for the reasons I outline above.

And welcome to SQTalk

Comment

It happened to me recently, they will usually extend the deadline if you ask nicely.

They then cleared my waitlist about 2 hours before the new deadline, they really like cutting things fine.

Comment

Thanks a tonne, SQflyergirl & Derek.

Lemme call up KF and check incase they are willing to extend the deadline.

Comment

Well not much luck, it seems...

Call centre agent flatly refused an extension in the ticketing deadline

(btw the call center was definitely not outsourced - clear SG accent and pretty well versed in rules and the way the system works- rather appreciated his forthrightness!)

Comment

(btw the call center was definitely not outsourced - clear SG accent and pretty well versed in rules and the way the system works- rather appreciated his forthrightness!)
            You obviously have no idea what outsourcing means

Comment

another redmption question

Hi everyone
              I did not want to start a thread since this is a similar Question

I have redeemed a F saver for my girlfriend JFK-SIN-MLE and I am waitlisted for my reward seat.
              I dont' know If they will open up another F reward for me or not
              KVS shows :
              SQ 25 JFK 21:05 SIN 06:35 +2 744 1 F4 P0 A4 Z4 C4 J4 D0

My question is was i correct in getting her seat first and putting my name on the waitlist , or does KF status not matter if it came from my account anyways .

also will waitlisting for an F reward instead of saver increase my chances ?

My backup plan options are
              try to get a seat on the day before and waitlist for the same flight
              or dish out double miles for IAH-DME-SIN-MLE

Any other suggestions are welcomed
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rolov View Post

My question is was i correct in getting her seat first and putting my name on the waitlist , or does KF status not matter if it came from my account anyways .
                That's the best course of action. KF status does matter even for redemption waitlists.

Originally posted by rolov View Post
                also will waitlisting for an F reward instead of saver increase my chances ?
                It increases your chances by infinite orders of magnitudes. Non Savers book into A

Comment

Would like to use this thread to post a question.

How easy is it to secure Business seat via one-way upgrade on a A380 (LHR) now that they have so many seats in that class? Are they usually fully booked?

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post

How easy is it to secure Business seat via one-way upgrade on a A380 (LHR)
                    These A380 upgrades are non saver, so they book into D. Getting them is of course, quite easy.

However, consider the 90,000 KF miles you spent on the one way upgrade..... vs....... a return J saver complete redemption from Asia to Continental Europe for 93,500......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      However, consider the 90,000 KF miles you spent on the one way upgrade..... vs....... a return J saver complete redemption from Asia to Continental Europe for 93,500......
                      Ahhh the voice of KF reason, SQflyergirl! I remember her telling me the exact same thing just a few weeks ago Very good advice!

Comment

It increases your chances by infinite orders of magnitudes. Non Savers book into A [/QUOTE]

Thanks
                        I waitlisted for a regular F and it cleared instantly

Comment

Glad to report that, on the third attempt the agent managed to extend the deadline after discussing with a supervisor.

The first-saver waitlist came through today - ~3hrs before the new deadline. (funny that it was showing 'waitlisted' when i checked online but the agent told me that it had come through <1 min later!)

Look forward to a neat 12-14 hrs of SQ FC service. Any recommendations on seats or BTC? (booked in 2A as of now)

Comment

Good for you. Enjoy, and can't wait for TR!!
                            zxcvbn

Comment

The upgrade availability can be unpredictable. A few weeks ago, I tried to get an one-way saver upgrade from Y>J and the website was not even allowing me to waitlist. When I called up Krisflyer, she said that only the unrestricted awards were available. However, just this morning, 3 days before my flight, I logged on to the website and got my saver award with the 15% online discount!

Comment

Working...
                              X