Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
    SML was very recently delivered too ?
    The newest A350 and newest aircraft in their fleet.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

The SQ9031 flight never materialized and 9V-SML remains in SFO.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
        The SQ9031 flight never materialized and 9V-SML remains in SFO.
        I would imagine they probably could accommodate most passengers on other flights but this is not a good sign. It may mean we see some substitutions on A350 flights if they can't get it back to SIN by Friday.

Comment

A350 (9V-SMH) had to abort take-off in JNB on April 18 due to computer issues and engineers had to come back on board to fix the issue.

WiFi on that aircraft is down for many weeks and SQ seems to not be able to fix the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            A350 (9V-SMH) had to abort take-off in JNB on April 18 due to computer issues and engineers had to come back on board to fix the issue.

WiFi on that aircraft is down for many weeks and SQ seems to not be able to fix the issue.
            At least they confined that delay to under an hour.

Two A350s have taken off from SFO since the cancelled flight as well as two SQ1 flights so there couldn't be anyone left you'd imagine. That means SML will be flying back empty whenever that happens.

Comment

Finally, after almost 3 days, 9V-SML is headed back home.

ETA is 0703 on 21APR17 at the moment. She is trailing behind UA1.

Comment

Finally, after almost 3 days, 9V-SML is headed back home.

ETA is 0703 on 21APR17 at the moment. She is trailing behind UA1.
                Things must be okay again now. It's already making its way back from JNB.

Comment

SQ346|23APR (SIN-ZRH) is operating as SQ346D with a delay of about 7 hours.

I guess they had to wait for first available aircraft (in this case, SQ403 operated by 9V-SKR).

Is SQ346 the last A380 departure for the bank of night departures? This flight seems to be delayed quite a number of times.

Comment

This is the 2nd time in a week that SQ 31 SFO-SIN has been delayed and subsequently cancelled. Aircraft in question 9V SMJ.

This doesn't look too good on SQ.

SQ 183 Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore on Sat 22 April was also delayed by a few hours. Aircraft was 9V STH.

Comment

SQ346|23APR (SIN-ZRH) is operating as SQ346D with a delay of about 7 hours.

I guess they had to wait for first available aircraft (in this case, SQ403 operated by 9V-SKR).

Is SQ346 the last A380 departure for the bank of night departures? This flight seems to be delayed quite a number of times.
                      Yup. SQ 346 is the last A380 departure.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                        Yup. SQ 346 is the last A380 departure.
                        I was at SIN boarding SQ237 around 2330 and happened to look up SQ346 to see if it was the flight in the gate next to me. At that point it was predicting a one hour delay. Obviously the issue became worse and the only way to find an A380 was to wait for the early morning arrival from DEL.

SQ need to get their A380 fleet sorted out fast. SKL and SKP are both still out of service. I wonder if other airlines are having issues? It'll be interesting to see how these massive planes age.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                          This is the 2nd time in a week that SQ 31 SFO-SIN has been delayed and subsequently cancelled. Aircraft in question 9V SMJ.

This doesn't look too good on SQ.

SQ 183 Ho Chi Minh City to Singapore on Sat 22 April was also delayed by a few hours. Aircraft was 9V STH.
                          I'm glad I got out of SFO the morning before. I was expecting a delayed departure as SMG left SIN over an hour late but by the morning they'd brought it in on time. Our departure was still delayed, however, as there was a power failure at the hotel where the crew was staying, trapping at least one of them in a lift. Goes to show how many variables there are in getting a flight to operate on time!

I'm starting to wonder about the quality of these A350s though. I looked around the cabin and wondered what condition they will be in when they hit the 10 year mark.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            SQ need to get their A380 fleet sorted out fast. SKL and SKP are both still out of service. I wonder if other airlines are having issues? It'll be interesting to see how these massive planes age.
                            9V-SKJ is also out of service. Still in the SIAEC hangars.

Comment

SQ346 was delayed for almost 8 hours this morning. Had to wait for SKR to come in from Delhi before they could leave with a new set of crew. And at the same time, it's unusual for Delhi to get all J upper deck A380. I guess with the number of A380s they have out of service at the moment, it is really tight on the operations end.

Also, SQJ was again delayed for 3 hours in Manila yesterday on SQ919 and SWV took over the previous day's SQ919, presumably as a replacement aircraft given that it left an hour late from SIN too. I really wonder what's going on with the fleet...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                I'm starting to wonder about the quality of these A350s though. I looked around the cabin and wondered what condition they will be in when they hit the 10 year mark.
                                I suppose you mean the cabin interiors, which wouldn't exactly be Airbus' fault (not all of it, anyway).

Also, it seems like its Airbus aircraft that are getting most of the issues. Notwithstanding that SQJ is a 772, but its....interesting that the Boeings generally seem (and i stress the seem, seeing as my sample size is only this thread) steady, while the (mostly) newer Airbuses are having problems. Of course, with the A380s the engineering complexity is far more, so that's one possible explanation. The A350 disruptions are worrisome as these are new, new aircraft. Hopefully its just teething problems.......

Comment

Working...
                                X