using credit card to buy foreign currency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using credit card to buy foreign currency

am i able to buy foreign currency using my credit card in changi like a normal transaction or is it a cash advance ?

thanks

Originally posted by ian173 View Post
    am i able to buy foreign currency using my credit card in changi like a normal transaction or is it a cash advance ?

thanks
    What do you mean by 'buying' foreign currency? When I use ATMs I can simply select 'cash withdrawal'.. is that what you mean?

Comment

if i use atm with credit card its a cash advance would rather do a transaction with money changer then i am not paying interest on the credit card straight away

Comment

Originally posted by ian173 View Post
        if i use atm with credit card its a cash advance would rather do a transaction with money changer then i am not paying interest on the credit card straight away
        Technically speaking, you cannot buy a currency. You can only exchange a currency.

So very unlikely you can buy a currency using credit card. It os cash advance.

I know Amex Charge Card allow you to "withdraw" some amount in local currency (free of charge?). Not sure if they still do.
        visit my blog

Comment

Working...
        X