Vistara J class ex-BOM new T2: best domestic in the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistara J class ex-BOM new T2: best domestic in the country

In my previous reports, I explained how Vistara has got a superior offering than competitors but how it struggles still with filling in its planes especially in the front cabin. This part reinforces it further. I am keeping this report more abbreviated. Not showing towel service, boarding procedure, etc. More detailed reports can be found in my recent other report on Vistara (DEL-BOM)

Flight: UK850
    Route: BOM-BLR
    Type: A320
    Seat: 3F
    Class: Business
    Load: 2/16 (extremely poor)

BOM's new T2 is an architectural wonder, a sight to behold. And Vistara is currently the only domestic airline operating here except for some Air India flights. As i am all too familiar with it, Vistara's counters are always empty

And so ... even the signage says "Vistara's departures" instead of "domestic departures". In due time, more domestic airlines will shift here.

Domestic is downstairs below the international section.

Very spacious layout and not much traffic. Most of the guys were actually construction workers doing some interior fitting-outs.

The flights in the next 12 hours. Very few. There is currently only 1 gate being used for domestic flights.

The domestic airside hall is under the international's. It's slightly smaller and of course the ceiling is lower. As can be seen here, almost everything is still in fitting-out mode.

Their slogan. It befits the building. It's very modern and Indian at the same time.

Lots of art - since the GVK family collects art. I guess the airport spaces become their own home to store these which they cannot fit into their home.

It's currently my best airport, alongside Changi. Nice sofas! Pretty posh

The lounge is a temporary lounge. This is the former interim international lounge before the new posh GVK lounge opens. This is also interim because this is a gate actually. Comparing this to Jet's lounges in T1A and T1B, this is heaven although this is quite interim and bare.

Lots of food and no guest. Indian food and Indian-chinese food there. Indian food is ok simmering over time. It doesnt get awful.

Last edited by SQueeze; 11 September 2015, 08:10 PM.

Vistara's flights so far i had observed are always on time. Their ground time is excessive. Usually the plane is already at the gate an hour before the next departure. Jet's turn arounds are much faster and therefore the latter flights are usually delayed.

Took off from BOM's congested airport. Always a spectacular view.

Not even 2 minutes later, over another airport! Juhu airport. I wonder how do 2 airports land up side by side. Who were planning the city?

I picked the wrong seat. I should have sat on the other side and got a view of Mumbai's series of bays.

Just like in previous reports, service started with cold towels and not too long after the meal service started with a glass of fresh watermelon juice.

It's shorter than DEL's flights so the meal is simpler. No soup! I picked the noodles and oh boy, it was delicious: succulent, juicy, al dente, and spicy. Finally! a delicious meal from Vistara. So may be it's more of DEL's catering issues and not the airline's. BOM is always da best.

And for dessert, I had chocolate mousse. And yes, it's delicious. In fact, it's probably one of the best I ever had onboard. Not too sweet and the chocolate was real rich.

And I ended the meal with tea

After that, headphones and samsung tablets were also distributed but I declined as we were almost reaching Bangalore. It's a short flight.

Verdict

I would say this is the best domestic flight in the country. Air India's 787 probably has better hardware, but for crew, food, lounge, etc, this by far is the best.

Only issue is that they only fly BOM-BLR once a day and at odd business hours. The impact: Vistara can't fill in their premium cabins. On this flight, Premium Economy looks like 50% full, and business class, a staggering 2/16. That includes me. It was almost my own cabin.

Comment

Working...
    X