Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Emirates Lounge Review (Terminal 1, Changi Airport)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Emirates Lounge Review (Terminal 1, Changi Airport)

Hi again everyone! This is my second post/sharing on sqtalk. (: Today, I present to you an in-depth review of the Emirates Lounge located in Terminal 1, Singapore Changi Airport.

Earlier this year, in the month of June to be precise, I organised a week-long getaway to Brisbane, Australia, for my beloved Mother (who will be henceforth be addressed as Mum or Mummy in this post) and myself. The purpose of the trip was so that we could spend quality time with each other and enjoy each other’s company — something that we seldom do at home because of our respective hectic schedules.

Our flight to Brisbane was scheduled to leave Changi Airport at 3:30pm from Terminal 1. We were flying with Emirates today (EK432) and boy was I super excited! I booked the Emirates Limousine service for my mum and I at 12pm to give ourselves ample (and I mean, AMPLE) time to relax, have lunch (probably, multiple lunches heh) and to properly catch up with each other at the Emirates Lounge. This was my first time visiting the Emirates lounge so to say that I was excited about this trip was an understatement. Heh. The only lounges that I’ve reviewed before in Changi Airport are the Private Room in Terminal 3 and the Silverkris lounges in Terminal 3 and Terminal 2.

The limousine arrived promptly at 12pm. The vehicle that pulled up really surprised me! I read that the Emirates limousine fleet usually comprised of Mercedes E-Classes and BMW 5 series but what turned up instead was a super sleek, black BMW 7 series! (A 730i to be precise). SCORE!!!

The chauffeur was friendly, professional and very proactive in helping my mum with her luggages. (I often joke with my mum that her travel-bags tend to be a lot heavier than mine because of cosmetics and all. Heh.)

The drive to the airport was smooth, relaxing and very enjoyable. I did find our route to the airport rather peculiar though! The chauffeur chose to use the Ayer-Rajah-Expressway (AYE) rather than the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) to the airport. Oh well … maybe he knew before hand that traffic would be better at the AYE. Haha.

After arriving at Changi Airport Terminal 1, we quickly went to the Emirates counter, checked-in our luggages, sped past immigration and proceeded straight to the Emirates Lounge. (I literally sped through the entire process because every fibre of my being wanted to quickly settle down in the lounge).

The Emirates Lounge was quite easy to locate (then again, just about everything is easily locatable in Changi Airport. Heh.). Here’s a photo of the lounge’s entrance:

Upon entering the lounge, we were greeted by a super friendly Emirates agent at the front desk. She took us on a quick tour of the lounge, much to my delight!

I must say that my first impressions of the lounge was very very good! It had a very unique colour-scheme — one that exuded warmth, opulence and luxury.

After walking past the main seating area of the lounge, we turned left and saw a section demarcated as the dining area of the lounge. But before I show you a picture of that (and of course, the food we ate), my eyes were drawn to the awesome views of the tarmac. Being an avid airplane fan/geek, such views are just marvellous and captivating to me.

There was also a beautiful EVA Air Boeing 777-300ER at the hanger. I flew them once before from Taipei to Hanoi as part of a redemption ticket from Taipei to Singapore. The award-flight required that I had a stopover at Hanoi, apparently. Anyway, I aim to fly EVA again some time soon (and write a trip-review about it. Heh.)

Now, back to the Emirates Lounge review!

The dining area was tastefully decorated and furnished gorgeously. Also, the WiFi connection at the lounge was speedy and easy to activate!

The buffet-spread was pretty decent. I began my meal with a cup of Latte, because, y’know … coffee.

Next, I went to the buffet-spread to get a few sticks of beef-satay, two pieces of lamp chops and a tiny serving of chopped-potatoes:

THE LAMB CHOPS WERE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!! Tender, moist and so amazingly delicious, I went back to the buffet-spread for seconds (thirds, and fourths). The beef-satay was alright — edible though rather forgettable. The same can be said about the potatoes.

After stocking up on (so much) protein, I decided to balance-up my meal with a bit of carbohydrates. So, I went for a serving of Rice and Curried Vegetables:

This was really good! The curry was not too spicy and the rice was really fragrant! I really enjoyed this dish! It was a lovely accompaniment to the protein-heavy dish that I had previously.

Mummy ordered Dim-Sums!

They were presented beautifully! (Note the cute and tiny bottles of soya-sauce on the right. Haha.) Mummy found the Dim Sums delicious. (So delicious that she didn’t leave any for me to try. Heh)

After our lovely meal, we spent some time catching up and enjoying each other’s company. Next, Mummy went to watch some TV at the lounge and I went to one of the comfy seats to catch up on reading.

Soon enough, we were informed by the friendly Emirates agent that our flight was due to depart soon. “OMG, SO FAST?!” — was my first thought. Haha!

So we bade farewell to the lovely Emirates Lounge and made our way to Gate C25. And once we were at holding area of the gate, I was able to snap a quick photo of this beauty:

Isn’t she beautiful? She was the Boeing 777-300ER that would be taking us to Brisbane! YAYYYY!

All in all, our experience at the Emirates Lounge was simply fantastic. Spending time and having a meal (many many meals, for me) at the Emirates Lounge was a very enjoyable experience; it was the perfect way to start our little getaway to Brisbane. Well done, Emirates! Top-notch!

9/10!

Thanks for sharing, Chrisflyer89! While I find the overall ambience of this lounge a little dated, I love the food they serve there! Very attractively presented, and tasty too!

As for the Emirates 777-300ER, agree these planes are beautiful -- but only on the outside! The interior of these EK birds is a different matter altogether, as you probably found out on your flight, as they are 3-4-3, as opposed to SQ's 3-3-3. These days, if I need to fly Emirates, I go out of my way to fly on A380's, even if it means longer transit stops, just to avoid the 10-abreast layout....

Comment

Thank you yflyer! My apologies for the super-large photos! I can't seem to bring down the resolution of them and so it appears gigantic on this page! Gaahhhhhh. I'm in the midst of posting a trip-review of my actual flight on EK432 and I fear that the photos will come out gigantic again. So to everyone, I apologise in advanced if it comes out like this again!

Hahaha! I totally get what you mean yflyer! You've hit the crux of my trip-review, actually! Emirates really need to consider refurbishing their 777-300ERs. 3-4-3 is really uncomfortable, especially for long-haul flights.

Stay tuned for my EK432 trip-review!

Comment

You can also access the qantas lounge with an Emirates boarding pass, not just the Emirates lounge. The QF lounge has a 2 dish order menu that is pretty awesome!
        I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Looking forward to the rest of the review!

Fyi, u can easily resize the photos with any native image viewer in Mac or Windows. Makes for much easier viewing and reading.

Comment

@LOWJHG: Oh really! That's awesome! Okay! I'll bear that in mind the next time I fly with Emirates. Thanks for the tip!

@worldrally: Thank you! Yep, the rest of the review has just been posted! Ah I see I see! Okay thanks! I think my next review will be an easier read. I've adjusted the photos to a thumbnail size. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisflyer89 View Post
              @LOWJHG: Oh really! That's awesome! Okay! I'll bear that in mind the next time I fly with Emirates. Thanks for the tip!
              Haha i do that all the time. Head into the qantas lounge for drinks and dinner, then head into the emirates lounge for some post dinner desserts and more wine!
              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Working...
              X