Which *A to join post PPS devaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    What's to prevent you, SQflyergirl, from putting even BUCKINGHAM PALACE as your place of residence initially,
    Well, I AM a queen .....

of sorts.....

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
      Thanks KeithMel. The 225% are those status miles or just the 200% are status and 25% bonus miles which don't count towards higher status?
      All 225% of status mileage goodness.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        availability [on LH] is the same as the rest of *A as they all use *net. [...]
        Of course, members of each airline's FFP will usually have expanded access to seats on the 'home' FFP.
        I'm not sure whether the first statement is always correct, e.g. I understand (but could be wrong) that for SQ flights ex-LHR, BD has the best availability (after KF itself) and then come all the other *A airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          I'm not sure whether the first statement is always correct, e.g. I understand (but could be wrong) that for SQ flights ex-LHR, BD has the best availability (after KF itself) and then come all the other *A airlines.
          Do C+P redemptions come out of a different class to the standard award buckets? Maybe that could be it?
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Not sure about that but I found my source:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=24

Comment

Does LH soft-land Sen to Frequent Traveller once status expires?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Not sure about that but I found my source:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=24
                I'd be interested to know if that's only SQ-specific or alliance-wide. In any case I have no Australian-based FFP on the MEL/SYD-SIN runs to compete with since AN's demise. Unless they think NZ is part of Australia...

Originally posted by milehighj
                Does LH soft-land Sen to Frequent Traveller once status expires?
                Yep.

Comment

I just signed up for LH M&M.
                  I have a couple of questions for those of you who have experience with this program.
                  Can you book awards online?
                  Do you get status as soon as you reach the threshold or does it start January 1st of each year.
                  Really appreciate any feedback. Looks like I found my new "match".

Comment

I'd be interested to know if that's only SQ-specific or alliance-wide.
                    SQ-specific.
                    Do you get status as soon as you reach the threshold or does it start January 1st of each year.
                    Really appreciate any feedback. Looks like I found my new "match".
                    As soon as you reach the threshold, IIRC. Congratulations on your new FF-soulmate.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Can you book awards online?
                      Yes, but only limited to flights on LH, LX, LO, OS, Adria, Croatia Airlines, and Condor. The so called 'fully integrated partners.'

Comment

Just called SQ office to add my LH FF# to collect miles on that account and PPS sectors on SQ FF account.
                        I have over 40,000 miles booked until August on SQ alone.
                        When I casually mentioned changes to the PPS qualification, hoping to hear something like:"You'll still be o.k. with the sectors until September, don't worry"; I was just met with silence - no comment at all, just a: "Your LH FF# is now in for all your flights Mr. YVRCNX."

Comment

When I casually mentioned changes to the PPS qualification, hoping to hear something like:"You'll still be o.k. with the sectors until September, don't worry"; I was just met with silence - no comment at all, just a: "Your LH FF# is now in for all your flights Mr. YVRCNX."
                          Well, the changes is not officially announced yet. When the PPS Coordinators are still being briefed, how could reservation agents know about those PPS changes. Even before, reservation agents do have very limited knowledge about FFP as well as PPS itself.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            Well, the changes is not officially announced yet. When the PPS Coordinators are still being briefed, how could reservation agents know about those PPS changes. Even before, reservation agents do have very limited knowledge about FFP as well as PPS itself.
                            Even if they would have known more then others I can understand the response as they will be the ones taking most of the complaints, they are really the ones we should feel sorry for. I wouldn't want to be them right now though I don't know how many PPS members really care as much as we do.
                            I just did a calcualtion on how many miles are needed on SQ KF versus AC Aeroplan and LH M&M on a flight in Y from YVR-ICN:

AC = 75,000 miles
                            LH = 80,000 miles
                            SQ = 65,000 miles minus 15% for online booking = 55,250 miles

That (SQ) actually isn't bad at all and there was even availability for beginning of April returning 10 days later.
                            In some cases even KF membership isn't all that bad even if you are just a lowly KF G member.
                            I would think that treatment having KF G and LH SEN or AC E/SE really isn't that different.
                            I am open to any other experiences and opinions which would be valuable to all of us as I am sure everyone is re-thinking and re-evaluating where to go from here.
                            Last edited by yvrcnx; 16 March 2007, 01:43 AM.

Comment

You also need to take into account the higher accrual rates for M+M if you're flying full economy (Y, B), and premium fares. And the lack of expiration so long as you remain at least a *S.

Yes KF EG does give you an edge with the bonus RDMs on top of the online discounts. No saver awards for redemptions in first or business class on the 77W though.

Comment

You also need to take into account the higher accrual rates for M+M if you're flying full economy (Y, B), and premium fares. And the lack of expiration so long as you remain at least a *S.

Yes KF EG does give you an edge with the bonus RDMs on top of the online discounts. No saver awards for redemptions in first or business class on the 77W though.
                                Another equation is where most of the reward travel would be going to. If it is mostly to and from Asia it would be easier to redeem on SQ if it would be going to Europe from North America as it would be the case in my case LH would probably the better way to go as each airline even if you are just a KFG would give you priority on their flights giving you the seats you need.
                                If you are flying almost no flights on LH and become SEN by using other *A partners wouldn't that eventually raise a red flag with LH and they would require a certain amount of flights to be taken on LH to reach SEN as it is pratice by some airlines already?
                                I am afraid I might end having the experience Savage25 has been having though LH SEN did it's thing already. It might be save now.

Comment

Working...
                                X