Lufthansa's New First Class on A380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    LH J looks completely like an afterthought.
    Completely agree. What were they thinking?! Hell, do the herringbone design and be able to charge more. The config doesn't allow the window seated person to get up that easily.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Onboard automatic air humidification system in F?! I'm excited!
      They can't seriously call 8 roses a 'air humidification system'....?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisk View Post
        They can't seriously call 8 roses a 'air humidification system'....?!?!?
        Their new system increases the humidity to 20% as opposed to the normal 5% found on airlines.
        Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

F = nice.

J = A lost opportunity to get a leg up on the competition. Nuff said

Comment

F does indeed look nice, but it's well overdue. Shame no more C+M in LH F to give it a go.

I also cannot for the life of me fathom why they haven't taken the opportunity to upgrade the J product.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
              The A380's will be fitted with a fully flat C seat once the B747-800's arrive!

A380's already flying will be fitting with the new C seat as well
              Why not now, why wait till the B748?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                F = nice.

J = A lost opportunity to get a leg up on the competition. Nuff said
                post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
                  Yep, every single day on flights operated by 388 are blocked in F. No redeeming opportunities unfortunately. Pity to see LH going down the same road as SQ. Although I don't think they will ever become as stingy as SQ!
                  Is it a confirmed LH policy that F not be redeemable on the 388?

Comment

I tried redeeming via the phone and they told me I couldn't redeem it. I was planning my first non-SQ A380 flight Are they like Suites where no redemption is allowed? Or is it just for the time being..

Oh, my 100th post!

Comment

There is infor about the redemption for F awards on the A380 on the flyertalk site. Sumamrised below.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...customers.html

As already reported here in German, only status members (HON/SEN/FTL) will be able to book First Class awards on LH A380 aircraft - base members as well as members from other Star Alliance frequent flier programs will not be able to redeem their miles for an award ticket on the A380 in First Class anymore.

First Class awards on the A380 have to be booked through the Call Center, which will make a request on behalf of the FTL/SEN/HON member. They cannot be booked online anymore.

Comment

This is a policy I think that at least has a decent, reasoned argument behind it. And it *does* reward their own high-status customers, fair enough. I won't be able to redeem on it, but this is at least a decision I can respect.

It makes me a little disappointed that they're continuing the A380-exclusivity thing that SQ pioneered, however. I think this will continue to carry on as a trend, to other *A carriers that may get the A380.

On the plus side, if M&M takes over DC, I'd actually have a shot at this...

Comment

Good on LH for prioritizing their FFers, especially their FTLs. I wonder how many FTLs will be able to take advantage of this. The competition from HONs and SENs might be intense.

Our loss, though, since we won't get a Kyo TR out of this decision ... for now.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Sir, you are way too kind...

Let's see how 2010 goes...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              I tried redeeming via the phone and they told me I couldn't redeem it. I was planning my first non-SQ A380 flight Are they like Suites where no redemption is allowed? Or is it just for the time being..

Oh, my 100th post!
                              See the thing is if they had a proper business class product I wouldn't mind blowing all my miles on their J product just to try out. But their A380s J's just a disgrace imho.

Comment

Working...
                              X