Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed: SWISS To cancel LX182/183 to SIN

Hi everyone

i have heard reports from other travellers talking with staff on SWISS flights that LX will indeed cancel schdeule flights to/from BKK and SIN from april. Wondering if anyone have heard any truth to the news presented from LX staff??

2sweetau

I just got ticketed for that flight on 3/14 for a flight in June!

Comment

I saw that other thread.. I'm supposed to go in April but the booking engine shows availability way beyond May.

If they do cancel, it'll be a sad day but I'll switch to TG. Their timings are slightly earlier anyway and the price is almost equal now.

Comment

It was the only other F option out of BKK to SQ's early morning flight, a short segment I know.... but, still nice to have the options.

Comment

It looks like it's not getting canceled, but goes from daily to 6 times weekly (at least for now).

Comment

It's almost always been 6 times weekly - Wednesday they don't do it...

Also TG is the first *A flight ex BKK-SIN at 9:05AM normally, followed by SQ 1.5 hrs later...

LX departs at 16:20 or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              It's almost always been 6 times weekly - Wednesday they don't do it...

Also TG is the first *A flight ex BKK-SIN at 9:05AM normally, followed by SQ 1.5 hrs later...

LX departs at 16:20 or thereabouts.
              I was on a CX A330 bound for Hong Kong departing 10am, and saw the Swiss A340 taking off. Was it a flight bound for Zurich or BKK?

Comment

i also confirm that wednesdays are not on the official timetable for scheduled flights LX182/183 and from memory, Its been like that for a long time.

so far from what i have heard from other forum is that FA'S on different flights all seem to have the same corresponding story so it appears a internal memo or news is doing the rounds at swiss headquaters. so we might see LX182/183 either seeing the flights suspended or cancelled for good.

the new swiss international airlines summer timetable is due shortly as the winter one finished on the 28th of march 2009. so all should be revealed in that document.

My opinion is that since alot of FA's know about it so close to the new timetable being released, it must have some truth to it. Since i am booked in May, i will be hopeing that LX does a back flip and at the last mintue everything remains the status quo and LX182/183 does change.

Comment

I'm gonna book one 3rd week April just for the heck of it. One last hurrah for LX C if it does indeed go!

And hope for another op-up into F.

Comment

Originally posted by flyKL View Post
                    I was on a CX A330 bound for Hong Kong departing 10am, and saw the Swiss A340 taking off. Was it a flight bound for Zurich or BKK?
                    I have no idea where that plane would of been going...its not LX182 officially and not nominated under flightstats or changi's website as having left.. what time did it leave??

Comment

I'm gonna book one 3rd week April just for the heck of it. One last hurrah for LX C if it does indeed go!

And hope for another op-up into F.
                      i heard from a member in another forum they had issues with doing that as the seat map would come up when he tried to book a similar time and class. i suppose you will get the ticket if you do it online as all booking website accept LX182/183 bookings. i hope for all of us that enjoy this flight, you get to actually get to enjoy it without cancellation.

Im more concerned with the process involed if indeed the flights are cancelled and how alternative arrangments will be made. i paid for my ticket 9 months ago and have connecting flights i can't miss and all booked under a swiss ticket. i just really want this news to be official very very soon.

Comment

So they are!. Crikey, I didn't realise that, and I used to be fully up to speed on the SIN-BKK vv run as I do that a lot on SQ.

When did SQ drop that early crew overnight (07.30am-ish) flight back to Changi ?.

Comment

Shortly after the airport takeover

Comment

The 0745 is being restored next month FYI with SQ

SQ971
                            BKK 07:45
                            SIN 11:10
                            Daily
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I have a redemption on LX on that particular flight at the end of the year. I suppose I'd just have to sit tight for the flight to be officially canceled and wait to be reaccomodated.

2nd unsuccessful attempt in a row to fly LX longhaul. (last time I was booked on AMS-ZRH-HKG which was canceled due to "snow in Zurich" and I was rebooked on LH)
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X