[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Well they could have just walked over to DFS... it's not that far!
    So, I'm curious now, would alcohol served by SQ in its SIN lounges be duty-free or duty-paid by SQ?

Comment

• A rather bemusing change to TPR is that due to 'problems with the remote controls', they now have to contact maintenance to turn to TV channels over. 20 minutes to get someone to go through the channels to find a football match.

Still, at least LGD is available while you wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Still, at least LGD is available while you wait.
        Nice!
        HUGE AL

Comment

• They have increased the menu options in TPR and have now seperated into two menus, one 'Asian' and one 'Western'.

Comment

• duplicate post deleted
            Last edited by B727; 16 April 2013, 12:43 AM. Reason: duplicate post
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              They have increased the menu options in TPR and have now seperated into two menus, one 'Asian' and one 'Western'.
              I was in TPR last week at lunchtime and ordered the poached lobster and prime burger.

The Asian menu was missing a certain noodle dish I ordered last month

OT: On that same afternoon in TPR, was reading the South China Morning Post and what do I see? An ad for the MH A380!

Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• As of July 21st, 2013, TPR is serving La Grande Dame 2004. Asian and Western menus as of that date included below as well

Comment

• Hi,

Just wondering - are Suites passengers entitled to a guest each to the TPR based solely on class of travel?

In the omission of such information on the SQ website, I'm assuming the answer will be a big fat 'no.' I did read on the Star Alliance website that First Class passengers are entitled to a guest each at Star Alliance First Class lounges, presumably including the operating carrier's own lounges, but I suspect the TPR isn't really a "Star Alliance lounge" for the purpose of *A entry policies? I remember bringing in a guest some years ago based on First Class travel but this was the SKL First (back when redemptions cut no mustard with TPR).

My partner and I are both flying MEL-SIN-LHR in Suites in 2 weeks and coincidentally, a dear friend and his gf are flying in the opposite direction LHR-SIN-AKL and the transit times happen to tee up, so I thought it'd be a really lovely to treat them to some time in the TPR. Worse comes to worst I guess there are worse places to hang out in than the SKL F.

Any light the brains trust on here could shed on this one would be appreciated!
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 1 October 2013, 09:33 AM.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• The answer is no for TPR, yes for regular Flounge (and when will you be transiting in SIN, if you care to share?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      The answer is no for TPR, yes for regular Flounge (and when will you be transiting in SIN, if you care to share?)
                      FYI: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1941
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Cheers mate, will miss you entirely, have a great trip (I'm sure you will, anyway!)

Comment

• A place to sleep for a few hours....

I am flying in F from CGK to DEL and have a 6.5 hr lay over in SIN. I know I do have access to TPR and the first class lounge. But is there a place to have a couple hours of sleep?
                          Or should I just book a 6 hour block at the Transit Hotel?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by levitation View Post
                            I am flying in F from CGK to DEL and have a 6.5 hr lay over in SIN. I know I do have access to TPR and the first class lounge. But is there a place to have a couple hours of sleep?

Thanks!
                            If you want a place to lie down there are a few long sofas at the end of the J side of the SKL, though you won't have much privacy. If I were you I'd skip the transit hotel as you won't be able to take full advantage of TPR, unless a proper rest is more important.

Comment

• JetQuay is an option.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by levitation View Post

Thanks!
                                Booking the Transit Hotel when you have TPR access seems immoral.

Why not go to TPR, get stuck into a couple (or more...) bottles of LGD and sleep on the flight to DEL ?.

Comment

Working...
                                X