9V-SQK partially burnt after tow-tug catches fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Yes, you make a very convincing point there- Singapore's harsh graffiti laws would definitely act as a deterrent to even the most professional graffiti practitioner capable of pulling off such a feat.

I don't think we should rush to any conclusions though. I have also been concerned that the black residue could be a new voracious form of supermould which has been reported as one of the many complications of global warming. It occurs on the front underside of the aircraft in an area that collects moisture during the previous flight and is then activated upon landing by Singapore's tropical weather conditions. It's a theory gaining much traction on the internet and I fear the fire on the tow truck may have been coincidental.
    True that. I'm not going to go into the laws on graffiti further, but one thing I can tell you for sure (at least per my observations): If someone were to really spray graffiti anyway, I'm sure it would be washed off even if it takes a lot of scrubbing. And even graffiti itself if someone were to spray it would still look like it's water paint. It can look similar to the eye but I don't believe it would have been graffiti at any cost.

Aside from that, you make a great point on global warming but I have not heard about the supermould til now. As far as the fire, that's possible but I'm sure they will definitely investigate and only then we will know what really occurred. But I still believe it was caused by fire possibly based on what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
      The tow tug was from SIA Engineering. Never heard of the rumour of engine oil running out but I heard that the tug was less than a year old. It was a towbarless airtug which aggravated the situation compared to the conventional tug.
      Thanks for the insights boing - I stand corrected on where the tow tuck came from.

Nevertheless would certainly be keen to know what actually caused the fire...
      Last edited by wlgspotter; 1 December 2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        True that. I'm not going to go into the laws on graffiti further, but one thing I can tell you for sure (at least per my observations): If someone were to really spray graffiti anyway, I'm sure it would be washed off even if it takes a lot of scrubbing. And even graffiti itself if someone were to spray it would still look like it's water paint. It can look similar to the eye but I don't believe it would have been graffiti at any cost.

Aside from that, you make a great point on global warming but I have not heard about the supermould til now. As far as the fire, that's possible but I'm sure they will definitely investigate and only then we will know what really occurred. But I still believe it was caused by fire possibly based on what you said.
        I can't figure out if you are in "troll" mode or it is simply that you cannot realize what SQ228 has done (to you) here.

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
          I can't figure out if you are in "troll" mode or it is simply that you cannot realize what SQ228 has done (to you) here.
          I think it's safe to say it's the latter...

Comment

Thank you!

I did some more reading this afternoon and looked up the latest findings of a research group called Supermould Hazards Impacts & Toxicology. Apparently the more extreme the change in temperature, the more prolific the dormant spores become. This could well explain how such a large outbreak has occurred, given the intensity of the heat involved.

Comment

Thank you!

I did some more reading this afternoon and looked up the latest findings of a research group called Supermould Hazards Impacts & Toxicology. Apparently the more extreme the change in temperature, the more prolific the dormant spores become. This could well explain how such a large outbreak has occurred, given the intensity of the heat involved.
              Please stop, SQ228. I'm about to have a myocardiac infarction from uncontrollable chortling caused by the transmission of your S.H.I.T. spores to my display screen.

Comment

Sure, because there's no video evidence or news report.

Are you even for real? You could be a troll bot for all we know, possibly. Hard to tell without any evidence.
                Last edited by Jumbojet Lover; 1 December 2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

There's no report on avherald either. Fake news!

Comment

SQfanatic is being a good clown for all of us here today

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                      It's absolutely not fake news. The very first post had a link to Straits Times.

Here are more links:
                      http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...-plane-9450430
                      https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...ing-sia-boeing

This was a real event.

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanL View Post
                        SQfanatic is being a good clown for all of us here today
                        I think it’s time we had some serious expert opinion. What are SQfanatic’s mother and father’s views on this?

Comment

Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                          This is outside of scope of the Avherald.

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't be repaired. Changi's equipment malfunctioned and damaged SQ's plane.
                            The tug was operated by SIAEC, not Changi. Not that liability affects whether the aircraft is deemed beyond economic repair or not.

From a source in SIA - the aircraft is written off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Suites View Post

Oh dear.

If it is confirmed, this is the 2nd aircraft to be written off in SIA's mainline fleet?
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Suites View Post
                                The tug was operated by SIAEC, not Changi. Not that liability affects whether the aircraft is deemed beyond economic repair or not.

Reliable? That will be awful. But seems too quick to have a decision unless something like the whole cockpit and navigational systems beneath it were all burnt extensively

Comment

Working...
                                X