Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change of KF Redemption Flight from NRT to HND (or vice versa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of KF Redemption Flight from NRT to HND (or vice versa)

Hi,

May I please check if anybody had any idea if I can change a KF-redemption flight from one TYO airport to another for free? Anyone have such experience?

Thanks.

Originally posted by slacker View Post
    Hi,

May I please check if anybody had any idea if I can change a KF-redemption flight from one TYO airport to another for free? Anyone have such experience?

Thanks.
    Technically no. Based on my understanding return tickets for redemption in the system only allows for the same airport. I think you can do via the phone but for me when I did a similar trip in June I did redemption for my wife. The solution was to do 2 separate redemptions SIN-NRT one way and HND-SIN one way. This was the easiest solution and cost same miles anyway.

However if you already done the redemption and is confirmed then better to call for assistance but only afraid you maybe wait listed.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
      Technically no. Based on my understanding return tickets for redemption in the system only allows for the same airport. I think you can do via the phone but for me when I did a similar trip in June I did redemption for my wife. The solution was to do 2 separate redemptions SIN-NRT one way and HND-SIN one way. This was the easiest solution and cost same miles anyway.

However if you already done the redemption and is confirmed then better to call for assistance but only afraid you maybe wait listed.

Good luck
      hi alian, thanks for sharing your experience.

I am intending to do a one-way redemption from TYO to SIN.
      My preferred flight will be from HND instead of NRT. However, the flights from HND on my dates are all on waitlist while there is one flight from NRT is now available for confirmation on Saver.
      So not too sure if I should at least secure that and then change for free should my waitlist for the HND-SIN flight clears.

Comment

Hi- I just did this.

Once you confirm and ticket a Saver Award, Krisflyer will charge a S$17 change fee to "reticket" the award if your preferred waitlisted flight clears (assuming it does)

This applies regardless of whether it is NRT/HND, different class of service or different flight to the same city.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
          hi alian, thanks for sharing your experience.

I am intending to do a one-way redemption from TYO to SIN.
          My preferred flight will be from HND instead of NRT. However, the flights from HND on my dates are all on waitlist while there is one flight from NRT is now available for confirmation on Saver.
          So not too sure if I should at least secure that and then change for free should my waitlist for the HND-SIN flight clears.
          Some info on charges https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u.../service-fees/

Some people do several waitlist and see how it unfolds. It maybe feasible but I know airlines frown on them. Do check the terms and conditions for the redemptions first
          Last edited by alian; 9 August 2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I did this a few days ago with business class redemption. Originally booked SQ 631 HND-SIN. Changed it to SQ 11 NRT-SIN for free, subject to available award space of course.

I also changed a flight on *A partner ANA. That costed 20USD. Seems like changes on SIA are free but partners are not.

Comment

Not exactly the same thing, but sometimes SIN-HND then NRT-LAX is offered as a redemption option for SIN-LAX at the same rate as SIN-NRT-LAX.

Comment

Working...
              X