Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellish experience with flight number change

Hi All,

Maybe I'm in the wrong, but I don't think so. I'd like your wisdom!

I purchased a ticket on SQ232 (SYD-SIN) in Premium Economy and used points to upgrade to Business.

Then a seat became available on SQ222 (SYD-SIN) and I wished to swap to that flight but Singapore Airlines say I can't. Even though it's the same day and the same routing.

They say I have to re-deposit the miles, pay a cancellation fee, (lose the miles because they've passed their expiration date) change the commercial ticket to SQ222 and then do a new upgrade with different points.

Is this correct? It seems absurd for a simple flight number change a couple of hours later, when I can change the date of the flight easily the day before or after, still on SQ232 without any problems!

HELP PLEASE! )) Appreciated!!

Upgrades are subject to limited seats on each flight so while upgrades maybe available on 232 it may not be so in 222 even though there are seats (the seats available maybe not be for upgrade) so perhaps it's a system limitation on ensure this rule.

Also the Miles u used to pay originally have they expired? This would impact their validity.

Comment

Originally posted by alian View Post
      Upgrades are subject to limited seats on each flight so while upgrades maybe available on 232 it may not be so in 222 even though there are seats (the seats available maybe not be for upgrade) so perhaps it's a system limitation on ensure this rule.

Also the Miles u used to pay originally have they expired? This would impact their validity.
      Dear alian,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, upgrade seats are available on 222.

The miles have now expired, yes, but once you use them, you can make a simple date change without problem.

Comment

I agree it does seem absurd from the customer's point of view. I've not done an upgrade from one class to another and then changed flights so I don't know the process. You are correct to say that a change of time/day on the same route will not incur any problems even with expired miles. But this is probably a different case as you are upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
          I agree it does seem absurd from the customer's point of view. I've not done an upgrade from one class to another and then changed flights so I don't know the process. You are correct to say that a change of time/day on the same route will not incur any problems even with expired miles. But this is probably a different case as you are upgrading.
          Dear zilchster,

Thanks so much for your input. I've actually done this more than 40 times in the past (I fly a lot!) without any problems. Only this time there are problems and looking at the account now, someone's made a royal mess of it (even creating three new PNRs!).

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
            Dear zilchster,

Thanks so much for your input. I've actually done this more than 40 times in the past (I fly a lot!) without any problems. Only this time there are problems and looking at the account now, someone's made a royal mess of it (even creating three new PNRs!).
            Actually something like this happened to me last year when I called into complain and then they changed all my bookings etc and messed up my intentions. But I found out later someone inside was actually trying to "help" achieve my goal

I suspect someone in SQ is actually trying to assist you in your scenario and doing the changes but because it involves some other dept or supervisor approval it takes a bit of time

Call the hotline to find out what happening - better try to reach out to the first person you contacted if you remember the name. If you are really are experiencing the same thing as me then my concern if that someone in SQ is trying to help but they aren't keeping you abreast of the situation and it quite frustrating not knowing whats happening.

Comment

Dear All,

I wish to share an update with you.

I had a phone call from someone at Singapore Airlines today who apologised quite extensively at the failings of multiple call centre staff and three weeks after the original event, my flights have been amended as they should have been; with a simple change (equivalent to a date change), the unauthorised cancelled ticket re-issued and the expired points re-used.

In the end, all is well. Although, no one should have to go through this.

In the end, it came down to staff training and competence, which in my opinion, seems to be getting a lot worse at the general call centre level.

Thanks to all of you for your discussion! Always fascinating and appreciated I wish you all a great week.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                Dear All,

I wish to share an update with you.

I had a phone call from someone at Singapore Airlines today who apologised quite extensively at the failings of multiple call centre staff and three weeks after the original event, my flights have been amended as they should have been; with a simple change (equivalent to a date change), the unauthorised cancelled ticket re-issued and the expired points re-used.

In the end, all is well. Although, no one should have to go through this.

In the end, it came down to staff training and competence, which in my opinion, seems to be getting a lot worse at the general call centre level.

Thanks to all of you for your discussion! Always fascinating and appreciated I wish you all a great week.
                post deleted
                Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X