Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the B777-300ER post, I think the seatmap for the non-ER 773's got loaded. It doesn't look like the New F/J seat layout.

Now, for a question I've always wanted to ask-- because I've never been able to stare at the seatmaps long enough to figure out the answer myself.

What is the difference between the two Megatop configurations? I've heard that it's the placement of the loos or the galleys, but in another quick scan of the seatmaps just now, nothing stood out.

Comment

IMHO, we should refer to the regional B777-200s as 'B777-200's separate from the long haul B777-200ERs. It would be quite confusing, especially for a newbie, otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
        What is the difference between the two Megatop configurations? I've heard that it's the placement of the loos or the galleys, but in another quick scan of the seatmaps just now, nothing stood out.
        There are slight differences in Y. J and F are identical- and you're right it's the loos and galleys....

Comment

The regos for the 777-200ER two class regional are (30J, 293Y)

9V-SRA,SRB,SRC,SRD,SRE,SRF,SRG,SRH,SRI,SRJ,SRK,SRL,SR M,SRN,SRO,SRP,SRQ

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
            The regos for the 777-200ER two class regional are (30J, 293Y)
            As StarG says, when referring to the regional a/c it's probably better not to refer to them as ER's, as this will confuse some. Particularly as SQ only refer to the ER's as the SpaceBed equipped long haul a/c.

Comment

Thank you all for correcting my mistakes and offering suggestions. I was debating that about the 200ER, but eh. Hopefully people'll be smart enough to see it now.

Does anyone know if -SMT is still around or has it been retired from the fleet?

Also, if anyone knows of the entertainment type (AVOD or no) for the 777s (-SQ, -SR, and -SY series), please let me know. Thanks again.

Comment

Yeah SMT is around......... still.........

As for entertainment:

All 744 (except SMT) - wisemen 3000
                SMT - wisemen 2000

SRA-SRI - no AVOD (must be wisemen 2000), SRJ onwards - 3000
                SYA-SYE - No, SYF-SYL yes
                SV* - yes
                SQA-SQH - no, SQI onwards yes
                SWA - ex2
                SKA-SKB - pneumatic headphones/movie screen on wall (speculation)

Comment

SKA-SKB - pneumatic headphones/movie screen on wall (speculation)

Comment

Updated to Post #22. Thank you shortfinals.

Comment

SRA-SRI - no AVOD (must be wisemen 2000), SRJ onwards - 3000
                      Wisemen refers to the AVOD systems only, so I'm pretty sure the only Wisemen 2000 is on SMT, and not on the early non-AVOD 777s. IIRC, the crew refer to the non-AVOD system as CMIV or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                        Wisemen refers to the AVOD systems only, so I'm pretty sure the only Wisemen 2000 is on SMT, and not on the early non-AVOD 777s. IIRC, the crew refer to the non-AVOD system as CMIV or something like that.

Yes.. that is correct... urgh.......... i'm not thinking right

Comment

Yep 'SMT' is still around apparently. Why didn't they give this to Oasis Hong Kong ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Yep 'SMT' is still around apparently. Why didn't they give this to Oasis Hong Kong ?.
                            Perhaps it's because it's not worth much after the AKL tailstrike?

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Took SMT on SQ602 this past Sunday night!

Comment

B777-300ER Seating Comments

From 9V-JKL:
                                F = Row 2 in F only gets you 2 windows. Row 32 gets 1 and not 2 windows
                                Seats missing windows
                                C = Rows 12, 18 & 20, in all 3 seats have 1 missing window
                                Y = Rows 31 & 44 have no window at all
                                From SQflyergirl:
                                That is correct. but it's worse in 18 and 20 because even though all 3 have only one window, in row 18 and 20, it's not in the right location.
                                In row 12 at least there's some view.

31 and 44 definitely no window - but legroom is excellent and no slide intervention.
                                *edited for clarity
                                Last edited by globetrekker84; 12 December 2006, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X