No announcement yet.

KF Redemption: SGN - HKG not possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF Redemption: SGN - HKG not possible?

Hi All

I tried to redeem a return flight originating from SGN - HKG. The redemption booking engine does not offer HKG as a destination if SGN is selected as the origin. What gives?

*There is a notice informing me that flights from Kathmandu and Yangon is not possible online.

You cannot fly SGN-HKG using SQ if you purchase a ticket either.

You would have to purchase two tickets, SGN-SIN and SIN-HKG, either using cash or miles.

Comment

The (cash) flight booking engine allows me to book SGN-SIN return but I guess it is 2 flights each way (with a stop in SIN) rolled in?

I think it has something to do with "backtracking" not allowed?

I was just trying to find out if it was possible to do a HAN - HKG since the travel planner in KF has that option but it returned an error msg with the caveat above.

Thanks Terry. Guess I will turn to VN (arrghh) and redeem a flight for my mom from SIN.
      Last edited by sabian; 7 November 2009, 02:04 AM.

Comment

United Airlines fly btwn SGN and HKG, so you can do a star alliance award instead, but you have to call up for that.

Comment

United's is also a very early departure!

Comment

Hi guys

How does the waitlist work? Upon waitlisting, KF has a message that says the booking has to be ticketed by 25 Nov.

But if you are still on the waitlist on 25 Nov, does that mean you get booted out of the queue and have to rejoin at the back again? (I am a no status KF blue.)

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sabian View Post
              ......the booking has to be ticketed by 25 Nov.

But if you are still on the waitlist on 25 Nov, does that mean you get booted out of the queue and have to rejoin at the back again? (I am a no status KF blue)...
              Yes, unfortunately. You can call before 25-Nov and see if SQ will extend TTL by a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
                United Airlines fly btwn SGN and HKG, so you can do a star alliance award instead, but you have to call up for that.
                Honestly for that, its cheaper for you to just buy the ticket than to redeem an award.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  Yes, unfortunately. You can call before 25-Nov and see if SQ will extend TTL by a few days.
                  Thanks Terry.
                  Ok then, will log in KF and re-queue.

Comment

Need some advice from more experienced KF members.

I see lots of HKG-SIN economy in Feb but no redemption availability.

Would you go for a J saver redemption if Y saver is not available rather than Y standard?

I guess SQ would be happier that more miles are burned. Otherwise, I might just suck it up and go with 3K or TR.

Comment

For a short HKG-SIN, I think I'll rather pay for the tickets than burn the miles.

Comment

Ok. If the waitlist does not clear within a week, I will get the TR or 3K ticket.

SQ one way solo HKG-SIN is

Comment

Working...
                        X