The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
    I'm most definitely not an expert or insider, but perhaps HKG? I notice the route uses an older 772 sometimes. And like you suggested, it is also an improvement over the 333. It has the mass of travellers (business as well as O&D) and faces fierce competition with CX. But perhaps knowing what seating configuration the 787-10 will have may shed some light as to the likely launch destinations.

I secretly hope they deploy it to CHC.
    MAA, CCU, BLR for sure in India. Other destinations I could be speculating could be the redeye PVG and PEK as well as TPE flights. In other words, pretty much any route that uses the A330 on a regular basis.

Speaking of CHC, hope they will do something about it soon, at least an A350 or 77WR could be deployed there.

Comment

787-10 doesn't have the range for CHC i think.

Comment

Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
        787-10 doesn't have the range for CHC i think.
        It does. 6,430nm range

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
          I'm most definitely not an expert or insider, but perhaps HKG? I notice the route uses an older 772 sometimes. And like you suggested, it is also an improvement over the 333. It has the mass of travellers (business as well as O&D) and faces fierce competition with CX. But perhaps knowing what seating configuration the 787-10 will have may shed some light as to the likely launch destinations.

I secretly hope they deploy it to CHC.
          Actually HKG was one destination I had in mind would probably not be the launch route. It's got so many flights a day with a whole handful of plane types, all pretty much selected based on gaps between long hauls. If they put it on HKG for a couple of flights a day, it would have low impact lost among the others, or if they dedicate the first two to cover say 4 flights a day which would be meaningful, this would result in rostering problems with other plane types that aren't as flexible as a regional plane is.

CHC is an interesting one. Could explain why they haven't given it an A350 yet, but they have no competition on the route, so it can't see it launching.

The seating configuration is something I'm really dying to see!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            The seating configuration is something I'm really dying to see!
            I am actually interested to know if they will have 2-4-2 or 3-3-3 configuration in Y.

If it is 3-3-3, then there could be a capacity increase from A333. Provided that the load factor for SIA is on a downward trend, I wonder how they will feel confident that they can fill up that many passengers on a B787-10.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              It does. 6,430nm range
              I stand corrected.

Comment

A link to the pic of SQ's first B787-10.

It is indeed SCB

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL-j-3RU8AA4-N5.jpg

Comment

Looks beautiful, though the double bogey main landing gear looks somewhat undernourished....

Comment

Additional pics in a tweet from Boeing

https://twitter.com/BoeingAirplanes/...33638236786690

Comment

Oh my that aircraft is beautiful!!

I cannot wait to see what the new Regional J will be like, though that missing window will be a pain to constantly avoid...

Comment

beautiful. Can't wait to fly on one of them.

Comment

What a gorgeous airplane! She wears the SQ livery well!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                            Additional pics in a tweet from Boeing

https://twitter.com/BoeingAirplanes/...33638236786690
                            Is it me or do SQ's 787s not feature the 'Dreamliner' mark near the end of the fuselage?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ-77W View Post
                              Is it me or do SQ's 787s not feature the 'Dreamliner' mark near the end of the fuselage?
                              Nope, i think SQ, being SQ, didnt want any other branding on their plane.....Air France's 787-900 also doesnt have the dreamliner logo either. Same goes for BA.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                                Nope, i think SQ, being SQ, didnt want any other branding on their plane.....Air France's 787-900 also doesnt have the dreamliner logo either. Same goes for BA.
                                I can't blame them. When I buy a car the first thing I do is remove the Window sticker the garage puts in.

Comment

Working...
                                X