The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    wonder why ICN doesn't get 787-10 yet? all flight now A330 which may be better for eco pax but not biz
    They have a single 777-300ER flight (SQ612/611) that's a redeye from SIN and a day flight from ICN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
      They have a single 777-300ER flight (SQ612/611) that's a redeye from SIN and a day flight from ICN.
      He was referring to the other 3 which are served by only the A330 that will at some point or the other be replaced.

Comment

• Believed the A330s will be all returned in the next 2 - 3 years, as there are still a few which are just above 3 years old and most of the A330s are on 5 year leased if they are not renewed. In 3 years time, most of the 787s and A350 Regionals would have been delivered.

Comment

woner why ICN doesn't get 787-10 yet? all flight now A330 which may be better for eco pax but not biz
          I was wondering the same. I’m schedule to go to ICN in mid-Jan and it’s the same old A330 as on my previous trips. The morning flights out of SIN and Friday afternoon out of ICN are always completely packed, especially in J. I’m sure people would appreciate the 787-10 and the new seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            He was referring to the other 3 which are served by only the A330 that will at some point or the other be replaced.
            yes. actually when I search from TK, the 777 flight did not come up
            visit my blog

Comment

There are only 7 B787-10 in the fleet so far. I imagine as more come online, maybe they will upgrade ICN to this kind of aircraft or the regional A350.
              i understand, but MNL got 787 and the bird is overnight in MNL. Isn't it a waste an why MNL get priority over ICN/TPE?
              visit my blog

Comment

i understand, but MNL got 787 and the bird is overnight in MNL. Isn't it a waste an why MNL get priority over ICN/TPE?
                Manila has no cerfews right? That flight arrives at 11PM. Turning it back would have it arrive in SIN at 3 or 4AM. But I can agree it sounds like a waste of a new aircraft. They could have done this with the afternoon flight instead.

In due time I am sure ICN will get a 78X one day.

Comment

Manila has no cerfews right? That flight arrives at 11PM. Turning it back would have it arrive in SIN at 3 or 4AM. But I can agree it sounds like a waste of a new aircraft. They could have done this with the afternoon flight instead.

In due time I am sure ICN will get a 78X one day.
                  MNL definitely does have a curfew: I recently ran foul of it when an SQ918 was delayed (sched 1900, actual 0300 next day because they could not land prior to 0600).

Comment

Problem is that they need to find a slot to fit in from 7pm to 11am. Unless they Revise the timing of one of the ICN flight. As this plane is suppose to do SQ622 after arriving from Manila.

Comment

• Perhaps the overnight deployment to MNL is based on loads? That flight pair was one of the last to retain the old SRJ/SRL 772 configurations. Before the arrival of the 787, those two planes had the highest seating capacity in the fleet, apart from an A380.

The total passenger capacity across all classes for comparison:
                      379 - All upper-J A380 (SKL-T)
                      337 - New 787 (SC*)
                      323 - Former 772 non-refit (SRJ/L)
                      303 - Regional A350 (SH*)
                      285 - A330
                      284 - 773 (SY*)
                      271 - Long haul 772 (SV*)
                      266 - Regional 772 refits (SQ*/SR*)
                      264 - 77W (refit/new)
                      253 - Longhaul A350 (SM*)

If one of those two flights needed to retain the same capacity, only a 787 can match the former 772s that were previously assigned to the pair. So far we have seen the 787s assigned in the most part to increase capacity on specific flights. Never having flown to MNL, I can't make any judgement as to whether those flights are in high demand, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                        Perhaps the overnight deployment to MNL is based on loads? That flight pair was one of the last to retain the old SRJ/SRL 772 configurations. Before the arrival of the 787, those two planes had the highest seating capacity in the fleet, apart from an A380.

The total passenger capacity across all classes for comparison:
                        379 - All upper-J A380 (SKL-T)
                        337 - New 787 (SC*)
                        323 - Former 772 non-refit (SRJ/L)
                        303 - Regional A350 (SH*)
                        285 - A330
                        284 - 773 (SY*)
                        271 - Long haul 772 (SV*)
                        266 - Regional 772 refits (SQ*/SR*)
                        264 - 77W (refit/new)
                        253 - Longhaul A350 (SM*)

If one of those two flights needed to retain the same capacity, only a 787 can match the former 772s that were previously assigned to the pair. So far we have seen the 787s assigned in the most part to increase capacity on specific flights. Never having flown to MNL, I can't make any judgement as to whether those flights are in high demand, however.
                        I was on that flight 2 weeks ago. It was full. The agent told me it is overbooked. It is December though
                        visit my blog

Comment

• All the SIN-MNL 787 flights (SQ918) I have been on appeared to have been full or close to it.

Comment

• 9V-SCH is being delivered fro Charleston to SIN as usual vie KIX.

Comment

• BTW, any idea if MEL - WLG flight will get upgraded to A359/B787?
                              visit my blog

Comment

• Most very likely MEL will see one A50R or 787 Regional as currently there/s a A350LR daily service.

Comment

Working...
                                X