Singapore F1 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore F1 2012

It's race day and no one has posted yet?

Just about sums up my own waning interest in F1.

Still, watched Senna on HBO last night and my adrenaline started pumping again

The good old days had better racing

OT counted 17 private jets as I taxied from F54 to 02C for take off so there still are people interested in F1
    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 23 September 2012, 02:31 PM.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    It's race day and no one has posted yet?

Still, watched Senna on HBO last night and my adrenaline started pumping again

The good old days had better racing

OT counted 17 private jets as a taxied from F54 to 02C for take off so there still are people interested in F1
    Yeah i saw those jets too when i came in yesterday and left this morning. Saw two MH A330's in SIN also but don't know what they were doing there...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

OT counted 17 private jets as a taxied from F54 to 02C for take off so there still are people interested in F1
      Have you tried to get a hotel room in town this weekend (without a truckload of gold)? The tickets sell out quicker than most other F1 races. The contract has just been extended for another 5 years through to 2017 with one story mentioning that the fee has been held steady or even fallen a little. The other F1 venues would love to be in the same negotiating position with Bernie.

The helicopter shots on TV last night looked fantastic and a great promotion for the city state.

Comment

Loads for tomorrow for SIN-CGK in all three class cabins expected to be very high for all 8 flights. I'd estimate at least half those flights even completely sold out. Not your average Monday business traveler commuter traffic to CGK, in my opinion. I'm betting tons of Indonesians here for the race and going home on Monday on their favorite airline.

Comment

Come on Hamilton.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

It's natural that the novelty factor has worn off. Nonetheless it's still a huge money & PR machine.

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
            I'm betting tons of Indonesians here for the race and going home on Monday on their favorite airline.
            Here's hoping for a Jakarta street circuit one day...

Comment

Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
              Have you tried to get a hotel room in town this weekend (without a truckload of gold)? The tickets sell out quicker than most other F1 races. The contract has just been extended for another 5 years through to 2017 with one story mentioning that the fee has been held steady or even fallen a little. The other F1 venues would love to be in the same negotiating position with Bernie.
              Good to hear Singapore contract has been extended.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Saw two MH A330's in SIN also but don't know what they were doing there...
                Just found out why - running charters for the Singapore military to Rockhampton

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  Just found out why - running charters for the Singapore military to Rockhampton
                  Singaporean Military chartering Malaysian aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                    Loads for tomorrow for SIN-CGK in all three class cabins expected to be very high for all 8 flights. I'd estimate at least half those flights even completely sold out. Not your average Monday business traveler commuter traffic to CGK, in my opinion. I'm betting tons of Indonesians here for the race and going home on Monday on their favorite airline.
                    I remembered few years back in KLIA , GA changed its A/C to 747 for these spectacular occasion.

Was in town on 21st , and the traffic is damn bad

Comment

Shucks, Hamilton bad luck....
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        Here's hoping for a Jakarta street circuit one day...
                        Moving traffic would be a nice start in Jakarta....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Moving traffic would be a nice start in Jakarta....
                          The finish line would have to be no more than 100m from the start line or no one would finish within the standard two hour race

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            The finish line would have to be no more than 100m from the start line or no one would finish within the standard two hour race
                            Pit stop, change tyres after 50m?

Comment

If BKK can do it, so can JKT

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102873

Comment

Working...
                              X