50% off all BA mileage redemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50% off all BA mileage redemptions

BA has just launched a 7 day sale on reward flights. From now till midnight GMT on 28NOV, redemption bookings are discounted by 50%. Valid on BA metal only.

More here:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891047
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

on BA for not announcing this earlier!

It would have earned me an extra hour's sleep by not scrabbling around at 3am last night seeing whether I could exploit what I thought was a glitch.

Comment

I was somewhat gutted when I discovered that it doesn't apply to OW partner bookings like this:

LHR-FRA - BA
      FRA-SIN - QF (yes, I know I'm reckless... )
      SIN-NRT-LHR - JL

Comment

And there was me thinking my 2 x F awards to HKG were a mistake...

Very good of them to do this, whatever their motive. Just got official email:

Our best-ever reward flight offer is happening now. We’ve reduced the BA Miles needed for round trip reward flights, in all cabins, to all destinations worldwide, by 50%. If you’ve been dreaming about going somewhere really special, now’s the time to book. But hurry. Book before midnight GMT on 28 November 2008, or they’ll go without you. We can’t wait to welcome you on board.

This follows the BA/QF 241 offer earlier this week as well. Wouldn't it be nice if other major airlines considered doing something like this, while the markets are like they are.

They could have the benefit of a win-win situation of filling empty seats and generating a bit of good will....for a change.

Good grief, what was that that flew past the window, was it from the farm down the road...?. Nah, thought not...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Good grief, what was that that flew past the window, was it from the farm down the road...?. Nah, thought not...

Comment

The website just keeps on crashing when I try to see what avilability there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              SHUT UP!!!!
              Immediately.
              I will ban you if you only think of telling smtgh about this!!!!
              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Well the BA Board was rather lively yesterday, and the BA website almost crashed under the demand.

It just shows many people still want to fly, you just have to help them out a bit during the current difficult climate.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  It just shows many people still want to fly, you just have to help them out a bit during the current difficult climate.
                  It wasn't so long ago in 2000/2001, IIRC, when KF upgrades were 50% off... How times have changed - with SQ anyway.

Comment

My first post!

Very pleased to have snagged a J return to Bermuda for 50k; usually about £2.5k rtn, so a good use of miles, though a short sector.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Krug! I did wonder if it was you.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, krug.
                        I decided not to book any offer since I am not too sure when I may be ungrounded.

Comment

Hello, Uncle Krug!

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, krug! Very pleased to have you around.

I'm currently kicking myself for not proceeding with prior plans to convert Starpoints to BA Miles... I'm hoping AAnother AAirline will follow...
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Warmest of welcomes to the esteemed krug!

Here's some..

Comment

Working...
                              X