No announcement yet.

New CX J Lounge in HKG: The Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a coffee/wine bar at the far end of the lounge.

A good selection of hot and cold alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages were available.

Last edited by yflyer; 28 June 2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

The work area looked like a very comfortable place to plug away at your computer for a few hours.

Last edited by yflyer; 28 June 2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

There was a shower area in this side of the lounge, with a row of private shower rooms along a softly lit corridor. These were very elegant.

Last edited by yflyer; 28 June 2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I then headed across to the other side of the lounge.

Again, ample, comfortable seating.

The side tables had power point and USB charging points as well.

The grey loungers were comfortable, and could also be rotated to face airside...

You had different seating options in the TV Lounge. Someone at CX really appreciates designer chairs and furniture.

Last edited by yflyer; 28 June 2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

The dining area in this side of the lounge was larger, and had different bakery items on display as decor.

The selection of food was greater here than the other dining area, although the main dishes were similar to those on the other side of the lounge.

Dishes available here and not at the other end included this pizza-like creation...

And a stupendous selection of Asian and Western soups...

I can't say I've ever encountered mud carp and arrowroot soup before, but it tasted good...

Starters...

The mains were the same as the dining area in the other side of the lounge...

Dim sum...

Egg tarts...

Last edited by yflyer; 28 June 2020, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Finally the Long Bar...

...with an extensive beverage selection, and several signature cocktails...

Comment

I ended my visit to this lounge with a spectacularly good mojito...

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Was definitely Piper when we were there in the J section. Or are you referring to the F section?

We'd have preferred Clicquot to Piper but the one in the Bridge was definitely a superior drop to either..

edited to add: The champagne in the Bridge is the Gonet-Medeville premier cru Blanc de noir (thank you Twitter). Very yummy drop!
                  It was the Gonet-Medeville this week when I visited...

Last edited by yflyer; 19 January 2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Back in "The Bridge" last month, for a brief transit stop before heading back to SIN.

This is still a wonderful lounge to visit. Not necessarily better than "The Wing", located at the other end of the terminal, and no Noodle Bar either, but the F&B selections are very good, and so is the lounge ambience.

Just a few updates on what they are serving in the lounge these days.

This was the Long Bar beverage menu from 2 weeks ago. The champagne when I was there was Piper Heidseck, not the Gonet-Medeville I had the last time I round.

The Long Bar is a great place to watch activity on the tarmac, including planes taking off in the distance. Felt a certain nostalgia as I watched this United 744 push back. I've only ever flown United's 744's in Y, and those planes were not new, but any trip to the US was an adventure in those days so I have quite fond memories of those long trips. No seat back TV's either, but Channel 9 audio more than made up for that.

I asked the friendly Filipino bartender for a Cosmopolitan. It is probably more of a ladies drink, but I wanted to taste it so that I would know how to mix a proper one at home for Mrs yflyer...

They had a couple of snacks by the bar as well, including this delicious fried chicken with sichuan flower peppers.

Last edited by yflyer; 28 June 2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Other food in the dining area of the lounge (Named "The Bakery"), included Portugese Egg Tarts and BBQ Pork Buns...

Three different soups...

And really good Thai-style red curry chicken...

Comment

At the lounge entrance, you turn right for "The Bakery", and "The Long Bar".

On the day I was there, the left side of the lounge, with "The Coffee Loft" was a lot quieter than the right side.

The F&B on that side was a little different as well.

The tandoori chicken was available on this side of the lounge, but not in "The Bakery".

Several daily specials available at the Coffee Loft...

The iced coffee was great...

Catering on CX in Y is quite basic these days, so I had my fill in the lounge before heading to the gate for my flight back to Singapore.

That's all for this update...cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

Does anybody have any more info regarding those porcelain teddy bears?

You see them on the top left of the shelf. I could not find any on the internet.

CX pages say all the art on display is from local HK artists.

Comment

Working...
                          X