Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIN] MH Golden Lounge

This lounge is right opposite the SATS T2 lounge

Seating area - Pleasant enough, but it could do with more colour (and comfort) IMO. Just to add, the seats near the side of the lounge have OSIM iSqueezes.

Food

The food selection was pretty limited. It only had satay, pastries, a few pies and tom yum. If you're thinking of arriving early to fill your tummy, you're better off somewhere else.

Satay: Wasn't quite as tasty as the ones they serve onboard, but was still to my liking

A well-stocked minibar, with MH's peanuts on top of the minibar.
    Last edited by SilverChris; 16 January 2012, 08:47 AM.

Next up the washroom. This is the corridor which leads to the washrooms, and a prayer room further down.

It only had combs and shaving kits. I was sort of expecting more like eau de toilettes, lotions etc.

It also has showers for those who want to freshen up.

In case you're wondering, jhm, no fancy toilet paper here

To be continued

Comment

This lounge also has a game room, for those seeking entertainment.

Nothing much. Just two arcade style machines.

Next, I check out the business centre.

Unfortunately, the computers were down.

And massage chairs in the "Chair Spa" room by Osim. The atmosphere is really relaxing, I could easily fall asleep in there.
      Last edited by SilverChris; 1 February 2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Finishing off with an SQFG® legshot. The pitch ain't half bad!

Forgot to mention, MH allows all their First and Business class pax, and Economy pax holding an Enrich Platinum, Gold or Silver (enrolled in the lounge prorgramme) or a golden lounge voucher to enter the lounge.

SilverChris's verdict
        Nowhere as impressive as the ones in KUL, but a pretty decent lounge nevertheless. It could do with more types of seating (like different sofas) and of course, a wider selection of food. Nice features include massage chairs and a business area. Would I arrive earlier to enjoy it? Maybe a bit, but not for the food.

Hope you enjoyed reading, and do leave a comment

Comment

Thanks for the loo paper picture!

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          The food selection was pretty limited. It only had satay, pastries, a few pies and tom yum.
          I wish there are lounges in Europe which "only" have satay, pies, tom yum etc!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Thanks for the loo paper picture!

I wish there are lounges in Europe which "only" have satay, pies, tom yum etc!
            To me, that's pretty limited, as I've been spoiled by better lounges

Comment

Thanks Twin for the lounge report. I always wonder how does it looks like. A copy-paste version of the other Golden Lounges prior to the 'Rimba' it seems. Golden Lounges at KCH and KUL Domestic have the same sofas, same colour scheme, almost same everything. I appreciate the uniformity actually.

Comment

Thanks for the lounge report, I've always been curious about what lies behind those doors opposite SATS T2

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                  Thanks Twin for the lounge report. I always wonder how does it looks like. A copy-paste version of the other Golden Lounges prior to the 'Rimba' it seems. Golden Lounges at KCH and KUL Domestic have the same sofas, same colour scheme, almost same everything. I appreciate the uniformity actually.
                  Yeah, though it gets pretty boring a while
                  Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Thanks for the lounge report, I've always been curious about what lies behind those doors opposite SATS T2
                  Thanks Say, what do think of the food?

Comment

I think your comment of 'pretty limited' sums it up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      I think your comment of 'pretty limited' sums it up nicely.
                      +1.

A poor lounge imho, mainly because it's got no windows.

Other than nipping in the SKL's to see if they have any UK newspapers if I have been away a few days I don't bother with any lounges in T2, they're all poor, especialy the SKL's which are now frankly an embarassment to SQ.

I just go somewhere else and pay for food and drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        +1.

I just go somewhere else and pay for food and drinks.
                        +2, or I hang out at the SKL entrance and chit chat with my friends

Comment

T2 really is lacking a nice lounge...

Comment

Working...
                          X