Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Meals

Hi,
    I'm going to Dhaka, Bangladesh at the end of this year from Auckland, New Zealand on Singapore airlines. I have to order the Muslim Meal, however I found them really disappointing compared to what others would get in flight. The meals were good but other passengers would get extras such as crossaints, chocolate, ice-cream or really good looking desserts. However, I would be stuck with a bread roll and fruit salad. The thing I don't understand is how chocolate and ice-cream can't be suitable for a muslim meal.
    So, this time I would like to get a different meal such as Vegetarian Indian Meal or Vegetarian Lacto-Ovo Meal but, how likely would it be if there was alcohol in the meal? and how spicy would the Vegetarian Indian Meal be?

Welcome to SQ Talk !

Special religious meals are prepared with strict relligious guidelines... hence the meals are prepared according to a 'set' style. Some muslims may refrain from 'normal' baked goods because they are not halal. Strict muslims require that everything served to them must be halal - right up to the person serving them. But since SQ has no specific guidelines, they do their best - as with any airline unless you fly with a muslim carrier like Malaysia Airlines - then all food served is Halal.

If you cannot take alcohol due to religious reasons, then I'd stay with the muslim meal. I would not think there would be any alcohol in the other vegetarian foods... besides alcohol evaporates when cooked anyway!

If you feel like you want the ice cream, chocolate, and other breads, then just ask for it. No need to look hungrily over your neighbours shoulder !

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

If you feel like you want the ice cream, chocolate, and other breads, then just ask for it. No need to look hungrily over your neighbours shoulder !
      True enough. I asked for special meal on my TPE flight. The special meal come with "international set" which means it comes with crackers rather than nice pineapple tart from the "Chinese set". So I asked the FA is I can exchange the crackers with pineapple tart. They did give me the pineapple tart
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post

i should do that next time

Comment

Have a question regarding Special Meal, I did not want to start a new thread, so posting my question here. I see the following meals available for infants, anyone has more info about them?

Baby Meal (BBML)
          Suitable for infants less than 1 year old, this meal consists of 3 jars of assorted baby food - main course, vegetables and dessert.

Post-Weaning Meal (PWMLM)
          Suitable for infants between 1 and 2 years old, this meal is more substantial than a Baby Meal. Food items are easy to bite, chew and digest.

Child Meal for Infant (CHMLI)
          Suitable for infants less than 2 years old, this meal is more substantial in terms of quantity and choice of meal components. Food items are easy to bite, chew and digest.
          1) Would a meal be provided for him for SIN - TPE (and back). Would be travelling in business.

2) Since my son will be < 1 years old, only the first and third description fit his age. Any idea what is the difference. Of course I will ask SQ when I get down to booking his ticket and will probably choose the meal according to their description and what my son eats closer to the departure date.

From what I deduce, BBML is the smallest portion, suitable for infants < 1 year old, while the other two should be for 1 to 2 years old, with CHMLI having larger portion than PWMLM.

Comment

Yes, you son will get a meal.

For BBML, it is just that you get 3 bottles of Heinz baby food. CC will warm it up if you like.

Don't know about the other 2.

Comment

Working...
            X