No announcement yet.

HSBC's Elite Travellers Programme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received mailer from HSBC about this Elite Travellers programmer. Well they said only for selected Card Holder. Dunno for sure or not.

Cost $90.

Can use JetQuay in Spore and FastTrack in quite numbers of cities in Asia. I just SMS to subscribe...
    visit my blog

Comment

I got my membership pack yesterday, comes with a nice plastic card with the booking number on the back etc.

A nice quality package anyway.

Under the Terms & Conditions it now only says that a single transaction on the credit card each month is required to benefit from membership - it doesn't mention anything like a Minimum Spend etc.

Membership, for me, expires in June'12 as mentioned on the card and so far they've not charged me the $90 so will see.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        I got my membership pack yesterday, comes with a nice plastic card with the booking number on the back etc.

A nice quality package anyway.

Under the Terms & Conditions it now only says that a single transaction on the credit card each month is required to benefit from membership - it doesn't mention anything like a Minimum Spend etc.

Membership, for me, expires in June'12 as mentioned on the card and so far they've not charged me the $90 so will see.

well i think this is a trial program by HSBC. so far only valid for 1 year until 30-jun-2012. after that dunno yet.

i wish i will get my card soon... but seems even for fast tract u need to call them 14 days in advance for the service. is that true?
        visit my blog

Comment

Yes, you need to call them to book everything in advance, between 3-14Days in advance.

There are then penalties for cancellation or no-shows, including for Fast Track etc.

There is another clause I'm not so sure about, it says that the booking of, let's say Fast Track out of Jakarta can only be done once your current booking (let's say Fast Track in to Jakarta) has been completed. It's like they only let you have one booking at a time.

So, reading it suggests you can't in this example get Fast Track out of you are less than three days in the country and using Fast Track Incoming because HSBC's requirement is to book 3-14Days in advance.

Comment

Yes, you need to call them to book everything in advance, between 3-14Days in advance.

There are then penalties for cancellation or no-shows, including for Fast Track etc.

There is another clause I'm not so sure about, it says that the booking of, let's say Fast Track out of Jakarta can only be done once your current booking (let's say Fast Track in to Jakarta) has been completed. It's like they only let you have one booking at a time.

So, reading it suggests you can't in this example get Fast Track out of you are less than three days in the country and using Fast Track Incoming because HSBC's requirement is to book 3-14Days in advance.
            yo lo...if you do short trip how? stupid rule. i am now start thinking if it is really worth the $90
            Last edited by lingua101; 26 June 2011, 11:35 PM.
            visit my blog

Comment

I don't know..... guess I'll suck it and see but I hardly think I'll be using any fast track anywhere since a) most places I know where I'm going and b) I have an APEC card that affords me the Diplomatic Channels already.

Comment

I don't know..... guess I'll suck it and see but I hardly think I'll be using any fast track anywhere since a) most places I know where I'm going and b) I have an APEC card that affords me the Diplomatic Channels already.
                wow. can u share what is APEC card and how to get it. i saw it in some airports
                visit my blog

Comment

Everything you need to know is on their website, http://www.businessmobility.org/

You'll need a supporting letter from your company to say you visit APEC territories regularly blah, blah, blah then just pay your money and keep smiling.

It's probably the best money I spent in years since I get Fast Track and automatic entry to Vietnam, China and Indonesia where normally you pay for the visa per entry, it takes a whole page of the passport and in the cases of Vietnam and China, takes a few days.

Comment

Everything you need to know is on their website, http://www.businessmobility.org/

You'll need a supporting letter from your company to say you visit APEC territories regularly blah, blah, blah then just pay your money and keep smiling.

It's probably the best money I spent in years since I get Fast Track and automatic entry to Vietnam, China and Indonesia where normally you pay for the visa per entry, it takes a whole page of the passport and in the cases of Vietnam and China, takes a few days.
                    hmmm too troublesome for me to apply. i cannot apply it in singapore
                    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                      hmmm too troublesome for me to apply. i cannot apply it in singapore
                      You can. I got my card in Singapore. As long you can get a letter from your company stating that you fly to selected countries frequently, you can get the card. It is that simple.

Applications are online, and within 2 months, you'll get an interim card and within 3-4 months (mine took 4 months), you would have a full card which would have you cleared all the countries.

The best part of APEC Card is that we can also use it with our families. Most Airports staff will allow if you ask them, and this allow your whole family to sidestep the queue alongside with you. Perfect for queue-phobic people like myself

Another thing about APEC Card is that if one is cleared for Australia, one will be considered a Business Visa Traveler which means bye bye ETA.
                      Life's A Bitch,
                      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Back to the Travelers Card. I'm got the card when it started around Mar 11. There seems to be a monthly spending requirement of S$2K (than) when I started but not sure if it is still applicable.

The taxi booking service is great and for my last PER trip, I called for a 7 seater.
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by flakingcorn View Post
                          nice! mind sharing roughly how much you spent?
                          I crossed 10,000 SGD for one month and the only items on my credit card bill were purchases of HSBC award points.

The option of purchasing HSBC award points doesn't seem to be available anymore though...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            I crossed 10,000 SGD for one month and the only items on my credit card bill were purchases of HSBC award points.

The option of purchasing HSBC award points doesn't seem to be available anymore though...
                            Your fault....you spoil market

Comment

Anyone knows if they welcome gift comes together with the elite traveller's card ? I got my elite traveller's card today, but no mention of the welcome gift.

Comment

Doesn't come together...... they will ring you separately.

My wine is supposed to be delivered some evening this week, for example. They are getting around to it but when HSBC called me last week to check everything was all right the girl did say the response had been 'overwhelming' so they are working through a backlog.

Comment

Working...
                                X