A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    SQ must have lost a few million on this plane being grounded for so long.
    They probably are being at least partially compensated by Airbus/insurance/refit contractor, depending on who is at fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      SQ856/61 has been downgraded to a 77W from the present combination of ver.1 & 3 A380s on Tue, Wed, Thu & Sat in the coming week according to fr24's future listings. Demand for travel to/from HKG is not very stable at present and into the future I guess.
      Is this confirmed? I just booked this return flight combo for mid-January, I'm guessing I'm not getting the new seats then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaian View Post
        Is this confirmed? I just booked this return flight combo for mid-January, I'm guessing I'm not getting the new seats then?
        That was what happened for one week previously. You might get exactly what you booked.

Comment

• 9V-SKT test flight is only 30 mins while SKS have a 2 hours test flight last time in June.
          Wonder whether SKT will be ready in time for service or will SKT undergo another test flight ?

Comment

• Quite likely SKT isn’t yet ready for service...30mins indicates it got cut short or they were merely testing one item... the aircraft didn’t even maintain altitude. It just went up to FL170 then descended immediately.
            I wonder what that means for SQ638/637 on 1 Jan... no new product?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
              Quite likely SKT isn’t yet ready for service...30mins indicates it got cut short or they were merely testing one item... the aircraft didn’t even maintain altitude. It just went up to FL170 then descended immediately.
              I wonder what that means for SQ638/637 on 1 Jan... no new product?
              The seat map for SQ638/637 still show new product on 1/1.
              So maybe SKT will be deployed. Or they will have to use another version 3 pulled from somewhere else. But really they have not much option to pull

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaian View Post
                20 of the 31 SQ856/861 services in January are planned to be operated by this A380 aircraft, with the other 11 flights flying on the Boeing 777-300ER. However further changes are highly likely as the operating dates approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                  The seat map for SQ638/637 still show new product on 1/1.
                  So maybe SKT will be deployed. Or they will have to use another version 3 pulled from somewhere else. But really they have not much option to pull
                  They have pulled from BOM 424/423 tomorrow (replaced with v2) to operate NRT with v3. That buys them another day, but they could just keep pushing it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    20 of the 31 SQ856/861 services in January are planned to be operated by this A380 aircraft, with the other 11 flights flying on the Boeing 777-300ER. However further changes are highly likely as the operating dates approach.
                    If HKG loads are still trash, I feel we could see a permanent downgauge.
                    an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                      They have pulled from BOM 424/423 tomorrow (replaced with v2) to operate NRT with v3. That buys them another day, but they could just keep pushing it out.
                      Seem like SQ have blocked the sales of seats to n from Mumbai the next few days. Even suites are not on sale. Guess they have to upgrade many paxes.

Comment

• SQ422/421 will be operated by A388V1 for the next 2 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                          If HKG loads are still trash, I feel we could see a permanent downgauge.
                          i have been flying SIN<>HKG quite a few times between oct-dec and i can tell you the loads have been quite good... barely noticed any difference. perhaps only the business cabins look a little less busy than usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                            i have been flying SIN<>HKG quite a few times between oct-dec and i can tell you the loads have been quite good... barely noticed any difference. perhaps only the business cabins look a little less busy than usual.
                            That said the economy fares were pretty low for that period presumably to fill the seats in view of the soft demand (in the $200s to mid $300s from my own dummy bookings back then). A capacity down gauge is probably needed to shore up the yield on the route.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                              That said the economy fares were pretty low for that period presumably to fill the seats in view of the soft demand (in the $200s to mid $300s from my own dummy bookings back then). A capacity down gauge is probably needed to shore up the yield on the route.
                              I guess that's true, maybe I used the wrong word. Loads are decent but yields are probably in the toilet. (I remember paying more for Scoot or Jetstar in 2018)

Though what can they downgauge to? Regional A350?
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

• 9V-SKV is operating SQ638/637.

Comment

Working...
                                X