Singapore Airlines 737 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    When will SQ 737-Max 8 be put in service?
    Surely you realise why it isn’t...

Comment

Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
      9V-MBN has been flown to Moses Lake for storage.
      This is s new plane and then delivered to be stored?
      visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
        This is s new plane and then delivered to be stored?
        Boeing's running out of parking space due to too much grounded 737MAX which cannot be delivered, therefore they need to send it somewhere else for storage.

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
          Boeing's running out of parking space due to too much grounded 737MAX which cannot be delivered, therefore they need to send it somewhere else for storage.
          ah my mistake.... I thought that lake is where SQ store the MI B737-MAX.... hehehe
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by maxc_20 View Post
            Wonder where they would use as another storage? I’m guessing it can’t be Charleston

Comment

The new SQ 737Max should have been outfitted with its new lie-flat seats in Biz class.
              Silkair should take this downtime for their 6 737 Maxes to be outfitted with the new biz/ey seats to save on the time when these planes will soon be in SQ colors.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                Wonder where they would use as another storage? I’m guessing it can’t be Charleston
                Moses Lake airport.

Boeing's own facilities are full already (Plaine and Renton).

They are basically renting space to store these aircraft now.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  The new SQ 737Max should have been outfitted with its new lie-flat seats in Biz class.
                  Silkair should take this downtime for their 6 737 Maxes to be outfitted with the new biz/ey seats to save on the time when these planes will soon be in SQ colors.
                  Any news if the current 737NG are being sent in for refurbishment for the handover to SQ in July?

Comment

Originally posted by nocturne View Post
                    Any news if the current 737NG are being sent in for refurbishment for the handover to SQ in July?
                    All are still in service except for 9V-MGI. Not sure whether it is under maintenance or not. The problem I think lie in the seats. Don’t think they are ready.

Comment

The brand new 737 Max built by Boeing and in storage should have the new interiors.
                      But think SQ did not plan to order the new seats for Silkair's existing 6 738 Max earlier as the integration of Silkair into SQ was delayed and expected only by 2011.

Comment

In this case, are we expecting the Integration to be delayed?

Given the current circumstances, they really need the savings from combining the SQ/MI Operations. It is costly to continue to manage two different airlines, even though many of the back-end systems (such as ticket booking) has been combined.

Comment

SQ will now retrofit the 737-800 with the new products.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...ax-uncertainty

Comment

SQ should refit the 6 737-800 Max now paked in Alice Spring first, before refitting the older 738s

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                              SQ should refit the 6 737-800 Max now paked in Alice Spring first, before refitting the older 738s
                              Refit n then parked back at Alice Spring?

Comment

I'm not sure I'd be spending any money doing anything with a 737 MAX 8 right now. Until there's 100% clarity that they will a) head back into the skies and b) passengers will agree to fly on them, refitting them is just throwing good money at a lemon.

Comment

Working...
                                X