You be the judge! Unacceptable SQ F class vegetarian meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You be the judge! Unacceptable SQ F class vegetarian meal

Just took a flight to HKG on SQ2, ordered a VLML and this is what you get, what do you think?

1) 1st course - appetizer - Kachang Buteh
    2) 2nd course - soup - hot water with macoroni
    3) 3rd course - Pasta - dry pasta which you might have bought before from cold storage or Tesco.

(Mod: please move my thread if you think I'm in the wrong channel)
    Last edited by j.lin; 18 March 2012, 07:54 PM.

Agreed.

Comment

Maybe it might be idea to contrast with some great VLML meals you've encountered, j.lin - as I personally don't know what the 'standard' F VLML would consist of...

Comment

Doesn't look like SQ put a lot of efforts in its vegetarian meal. But I guess being a vegetarian always limits the choice of getting a good selection of food unless you are in India. Then again, it would be mostly curry oriented there.

Tung Lok group in Singapore actually runs a good (Chinese) vegetarian restaurant and since Sam Leong is one of the chefs used by SQ, I just wonder why SQ does not work with Sam on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Maybe it might be idea to contrast with some great VLML meals you've encountered, j.lin - as I personally don't know what the 'standard' F VLML would consist of...
          It was way below Swiss and TG standard.

Swiss F Class VLML
          http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=54

TG F Class VLML
          http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=57

In fact, now I appreciate Turkish Airlines (I used to dislike) effort !

TK F Class VLML
          http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...5&postcount=27
          http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...6&postcount=28
          Last edited by j.lin; 18 March 2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Suggest you drop a feedback to SQ, coupling with pictures of other airlines' catering so as to let them know the reality of their competitors' offerings.
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Thanks j.lin, is this your first SQ F VLML?

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                Suggest you drop a feedback to SQ, coupling with pictures of other airlines' catering so as to let them know the reality of their competitors' offerings.
                Good idea, but you know SQ is still under "public + private" governance, normally when you do such feedback, it will involve multiple parties and take forever to resolve. At most, within 2-3 days, they will get an Administrative Officer to draft a standard sorry template and send to you , signed off by a name of a manager.

I think the best way is to escalate and get the VP to look into this matter, but I don't know who is the right person. Any suggestion?
                Last edited by j.lin; 18 March 2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Thanks j.lin, is this your first SQ F VLML?
                  Yup, it shall be my last. (I may change my mind )
                  ________
                  Toyota Type A Engine
                  Last edited by j.lin; 13 March 2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

It looks absolutely awful. I would have expected so much better.
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I agree it looks awful but I don't think SQ pays too much attention to SMs

Comment

How about my recent 1st class on MEL=>SIN flight with a broken glass of water served, till I cut my lips, then I looked back & found out the glass was broken.

Comment

That's truly nasty.. They don't even do that (use chipped glasses) in restaurants / hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                            Just took a flight to HKG on SQ2, ordered a VLML and this is what you get, what do you think?
                            Hi j.lin,

Is this seriously all that they served you?

I can't speak for F, but I have had the VLML in J many times before, and it has always been much more substantial than this.

That appetizer looks familiar. Although it is usually acomes with a wedge of lemon for squeezing. Along with a cup of TWG tea, plus selection of bread rolls and/or garlic bread, it serves its purpose nicely.

The same can't be said for the next two courses, though. Your pictures look like nothing more than side dishes!

My experience of VLML has always been something both statisfying and delicious.

If it were me, I would definitely send in a complaint. The fact that you have photographic evidence should make your argument even stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
                              Hi j.lin,

Is this seriously all that they served you?

I can't speak for F, but I have had the VLML in J many times before, and it has always been much more substantial than this.

That appetizer looks familiar. Although it is usually acomes with a wedge of lemon for squeezing. Along with a cup of TWG tea, plus selection of bread rolls and/or garlic bread, it serves its purpose nicely.

The same can't be said for the next two courses, though. Your pictures look like nothing more than side dishes!

My experience of VLML has always been something both statisfying and delicious.

If it were me, I would definitely send in a complaint. The fact that you have photographic evidence should make your argument even stronger.

I try to make things better by trying to order some Krug and Grand Cru to go with, but I hardly finished half the portion. The crews asked me if the food was ok, I lied that I was too full, doubt that they believe me judging from my expression=p. Well, I guess that's life, I seldom come across good food from the SATS catering, but this time round, they were indeed going a little too far .

Comment

Working...
                              X