SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooter001 View Post
    Updates on 9V-SQK. She's back in the hanger. The damaged skin portion seems to have been cut out.
    9V-SQK is apparently beyond economic repair. Damage skin is least of the problem, it seems. It's the avionics that got baked. May be parted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloodwings View Post
      9V-SQK is apparently beyond economic repair. Damage skin is least of the problem, it seems. It's the avionics that got baked. May be parted out.
      Looking that way, it's been almost 6 months since the fire, 9V-SWB took 4.5 months to return to service.

Also has SYJ been removed from service hasn't flown in 3 months?
      Last edited by SQ217; 16 May 2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• That's sad for SQK and also costly...they just redid the cabin earlier in the year.
        means its only the 2nd hull loss for SQ?
        but anyway SQK is already 15 years old.

as for the 772s, it seems the SV series birds are going first. SVB/SVC will probably be last since they're got the refurbed cabin.
        the SR/SQ ones are still busy..SRM/SQM/SQN got the refurbed cabins only last year, probably will be at least 2-3 more years before they're retired?

i suspect the remaining 773s will hang around for CGK until they have enough 78Js and 77Ws (for the F cabin). strange as to why SYJ was the one to go first and not SYF that's 17 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post

Also has SYJ been removed from service hasn't flown in 3 months?
          9V-SYJ's last revenue service was SQ827|19MAR (PVG-SIN).
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• NZ leasing ex-SQ B777-200ER

Air New Zealand is leasing former 9V-SVL to operate their AKL-HNL route, while they sort out their Dreamliner issues.

Aircraft is currently registered as N817BC and will be re-registered as ZK-OKI.

https://traveltalk.nz/news-opinion/a...r-dreamliners/
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
              Sorry your right 2 months, don't know why I I thought that was 3 months ago.

Comment

• It's fast approaching the time of year when we usually get a briefing from SQ with an indication of fleet movement for the financial year. This one will be an interesting one, seeing whether they A330s or the 777s will exit. With so many new aircraft coming in, we'd be expecting to hear that at least some of these old 777s must be leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  It's fast approaching the time of year when we usually get a briefing from SQ with an indication of fleet movement for the financial year. This one will be an interesting one, seeing whether they A330s or the 777s will exit. With so many new aircraft coming in, we'd be expecting to hear that at least some of these old 777s must be leaving.
                  Tonight, to be precise.

Edited: It's out. I'm posting the relevant section in the master SQ Fleet thread.
                  Last edited by 259850; 17 May 2018, 06:06 PM. Reason: Update.

Comment

• not surprisingly, the 772ERs are mostly leaving.

the 772Rs seem to be mostly intact, save for one.

in addition, and as was discussed in the SQ fleet thread, it seems SQK is confirmed to be out also. sad waste of a refurbished one and probably the first SQ frame to have to be parted out at Changi?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      Because on the SQFleet thread we have a report of the briefing, nothing really mentions about the 773's. I suspect SYJ could be undergoing a retrofitting to the 2006 cabin products or some sort of heavy maintenance.

Comment

• On flightradar24 now sees a 772ER 9V-SVM doing circuit flight from JHB to Changi.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          On flightradar24 now sees a 772ER 9V-SVM doing circuit flight from JHB to Changi.
                          the 772ERs have been doing a lot of that recently. training flights or demonstration flights for buyers? we know they plan to release 5 of those aircraft this FY

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                            On flightradar24 now sees a 772ER 9V-SVM doing circuit flight from JHB to Changi.
                            SVM has been the one I've noticed doing a lot of unusual things, including longer gaps between flights.

I can't wait to see these awful planes go. I can deal with the dodgy old IFE, but those old seats in Y are torture. They never should have reupholstered them- when they were blue they were a dream to sit on. Y passengers copped hard Givenchy canvas on a mangled seat just so it would match aesthetically with the refitted J seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                              SVM has been the one I've noticed doing a lot of unusual things, including longer gaps between flights.

I can't wait to see these awful planes go. I can deal with the dodgy old IFE, but those old seats in Y are torture. They never should have reupholstered them- when they were blue they were a dream to sit on. Y passengers copped hard Givenchy canvas on a mangled seat just so it would match aesthetically with the refitted J seats.
                              why?? on the contrary i'd choose the 772s over the 77Ws anytime for long haul. definitely more spacious, aside from the old IFEs and slightly harder seats. miss having the 772ERs to CPH...the 77W is horridly claustrophobic!

Comment

• Isn't Boeing still open to producing 772s or 77Es for customers who want it? The 77E especially seems advantageous to those who want to go long-haul but think traffic will be thinner on such routes.

Comment

Working...
                                X