The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    Just saw 9V-SCC on flight24, doing SQ119/SQ118 to KUL and back.
    Is that significant somehow?

Comment

• Finally, SQ915 and SQ918 (which serve Manila) will get the 787 later in the year.

Comment

• Just came off sq972. Sing to bkk. I can confirm they are using the 787-10. I rode economy. I don't like the new seat colours in economy. The screen is much better. I found the engine noise to be much louder than expected especially at cruise altitude. This is after coming off sq25 JFK to Sing on an a380. The 787-10 is quiet on descent. Those a380s are dying for s refresh. Some of the screens clarity are so poor but boy oh boy it still remains my favourite aircraft. Spaciousness and noise level is better than for me than both the 787-10 and the A350

Comment

• I was on 9V-SCB on SQ972 and had problems connecting to the WIFI. Kept showing 'Inflight connection not available on this flight'.

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
            Finally, SQ915 and SQ918 (which serve Manila) will get the 787 later in the year.
            I don't see anything on routesonline that confirms this yet. Any other source that mentions this?

Comment

• Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
              Finally, SQ915 and SQ918 (which serve Manila) will get the 787 later in the year.
              Indeed SQ918 from 3/Jul & SQ915 from 4/Jul

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Yes, plus a one-off SQ910/917 flight on 3rd July for a promotional flight. If balloons and cake are your thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  I don't see anything on routesonline that confirms this yet. Any other source that mentions this?
                  It is weird that this hasn't been updated there yet.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  I read in another forum that someone received an email from SQ that the aircraft would be shifted from an A330 to a 787. I ran a mock-booking on SQ's website for a flight in September and indeed it said a 787.

Comment

• Singapore Airlines adds 787-10 service to Manila from July 2018

Originally posted by hybridace101 View Post
                    It is weird that this hasn't been updated there yet.
                    https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-july-2018/
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• So SQ910/915 are added the same day too. I thought based on the current schedule SQ918 would spend all night and return as SQ917 though reading it further does not suggest so.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        So SQ910/915 are added the same day too. I thought based on the current schedule SQ918 would spend all night and return as SQ917 though reading it further does not suggest so.
                        RoutesOnline has it the wrong way round. SQ918/915 is the regular daily service from 3rd July. SQ910/917 pairing is the one-off flight on 3rd July only.

SQ918 does not pair with SQ917. SQ may not be the most efficient airline in the world but even they won't leave a 787 on the ground in Manila for 16 hours a day!

As supported by GDS:

From 3rd July (4th July ex-MNL):

SQ918 | SIN1925 – MNL2300 | 787 | Daily
                        SQ915 | MNL0740 – SIN1120 | 787 | Daily

Additionally on 3rd July only:

SQ910 | SIN0930 – MNL1305 | 787
                        SQ917 | MNL1500 – SIN1845 | 787
                        Last edited by MainlyMiles; 25 May 2018, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                          RoutesOnline has it the wrong way round. SQ918/915 is the regular daily service from 3rd July. SQ910/917 pairing is the one-off flight on 3rd July only.

SQ918 does not pair with SQ917. SQ may not be the most efficient airline in the world but even they won't leave a 787 on the ground in Manila for 16 hours a day!

As supported by GDS:

From 3rd July (4th July ex-MNL):

SQ918 | SIN1925 – MNL2300 | 787 | Daily
                          SQ915 | MNL0740 – SIN1120 | 787 | Daily

Additionally on 3rd July only:

SQ910 | SIN0930 – MNL1305 | 787 | Daily
                          SQ917 | MNL1500 – SIN1845 | 787 | Daily
                          That's what I'm saying too I found it completely strange. Thanks for pointing out the right info.

Comment

• Any news or hearsays on what other routes would be deployed with the 78J? They have been currently flying to NRT, PER and KIX. BKK and KUL for training of crew.

Any chance for ICN to go with the 78J next, since they are currently still using the A333 for this 6 hour plus flight (Excluding SQ7/8).

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                              Any news or hearsays on what other routes would be deployed with the 78J? They have been currently flying to NRT, PER and KIX. BKK and KUL for training of crew.

Any chance for ICN to go with the 78J next, since they are currently still using the A333 for this 6 hour plus flight (Excluding SQ7/8).
                              BKK is no longer a 'training route', it was made permanent some time ago (SQ982/983 pairing continues indefinitely from 1st June). SQ need shorter flights like this to 'plug the gaps' between longer sectors for aircraft utilisation efficiency.

In terms of future routes Fukuoka and Nagoya have already been mentioned by SQ as potential destinations for the 787-10 this year, however the schedules for those still show the A333 operating.

Comment

• Bali (DPS) flights on the 787-10 also added - daily as SQ942/943 replacing A333 from 2nd July.

Comment

Working...
                                X