No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when the inaugural commercial flight (KUL/CGK?) Will be?

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
      At the very least it'll be the same J seats, although there has been speculation (within SQ) that with new J seats underway for launch on the new A380s in 2017, those same seats might also be fitted to the medium-range A350s.

Personally I'd find that a little odd, the current J is brilliant and could easily sit on all A350s bar the ULRs, but of course I'm not the one to make the call and there could be good internal reasons for shifting the A350 'MRs' to the new seat design.
      given that the mid range A350s are coming later, it would make sense that they get upgraded to the latest 2017 A380 product as well, else it would be lagging yet another generation of products (4 year old product by 2017).

Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
      Yeah, it's odd that the new J seats are going to go on the medium-range A350s when the current long-haul J seat is fine and the regional J could use an update, for competitive reasons more than anything else. But there's probably going to be a new regional J seat eventually - either with the medium-range A350s or the 787s.
      The A330s will eventually be replaced by the A350s, so it would be great if more of them get fitted with the 2017 new range of product than the 2013 one.

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      1 June is the date that SQ has begun selling PEY seats for the AMS route so I get the impression they are 100% sure AMS will be daily A350 by that date, however, I think in reality it will be earlier but they don't want to commit yet.

The only truly fixed date we have at present is the date that flights begin to DUS. Everything else is still in play.
      Yup, i think start date of AMS will really hinge on when the 2nd aircraft gets delivered, as that is when SQ will be able to do a daily AMS. Don't think they would want to launch with a 3x or 4x weekly AMS on the A350 and revert to the 777 on other days. Customers on the 777 will complain.

What SQ is fairly sure is that it will definitely go daily by June 1 since that is when they opened up PEY for sale. So if the aircraft goes live earlier than June 1, several PPS/KFEG members are going to see pretty nice free upgrades to PEY from Y, I would presume. Pax will sit in the PEY seat but receive YCL service/benefits i.e. YCL meals, baggage etc. Think that's what they did when PVG and PEK got their aircraft earlier than the actual launch date of PEY.

Comment

• Shots from yesterday's flight of SMA (4th in total):

Dat contrast!

Comment

• The first one is scheduled to depart on the 2nd and arrive in Changi on the 3rd. That is as it stands at the moment.

Comment

• 9V-SMA has had its 5th flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
              9V-SMA has had its 5th flight.
              Unless they found anything problematic the next flight of SMA will probably be the delivery flight to SIN.

Comment

• Comment

• Any updates on where 9V-SMB stands in line? Last we saw it had engines attached, minus some cowlings. Am hoping it will roll out by mid March, for test flights and delivery mid-April (wishful thinking).
                  I think MSN's 12, 22,23 and 27 will be before SMB, given they've already commenced flight testing.
                  Last edited by kaiser; 25 February 2016, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kaiser View Post
                      Any updates on where 9V-SMB stands in line? Last we saw it had engines attached, minus some cowlings. Am hoping it will roll out by mid March, for test flights and delivery mid-April (wishful thinking).
                      I think MSN's 12, 22,23 and 27 will be before SMB, given they've already commenced flight testing.
                      I'm not 100% sure, but it's possible. Supposedly SMB (MSN 30) is next in the order after MSN 22. MSNs 12 and 27 are due for delivery in February as well (before SMA), and 22/23 are both scheduled for March deliveries as well.

Comment

• Not sure of the validity of this info, but I'll post it nonetheless.

On the 3rd of March, during its delivery, 9V-SMA scheduled to park at B5, Terminal 3 (the Crowne Plaza gate) and preparations for its arrival will begin at 9 to 9:30AM. It is presumed it will land shortly after. Runaway 02L is all but confirmed.
                        Last edited by shikhargpt; 1 March 2016, 07:26 PM. Reason: WRONG GATE -- B5 NOT B3!

Comment

• Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                          Not sure of the validity of this info, but I'll post it nonetheless.

9V-SMA scheduled to park at B3, Terminal 3 (the Crowne Plaza gate) and preparations for its arrival will begin at 9 to 9:30AM. It is presumed it will land shortly after. Runaway 02L is all but confirmed.
                          Which day is this happening on? Today?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            On delivery day, of course haha, 3 March.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              Check out post number 424 from a week ago.

The info posted by sikhargt is good as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Check out post number 424 from a week ago.

The info posted by sikhargt is good as well.
                                Originally posted by shikhargpt
                                On delivery day, of course haha, 3 March.
                                Symptoms of late-life dyslexia.

Comment

Working...
                                X