A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Hmmm ... I never realised they didn't fly on Tuesdays. I guess I previously only flew mostly on Sundays and Fridays.
    Towards the end when the fuel price was really biting, they pulled the days with softer loadings.

Comment

• MSN216 (F-WZNY/9V-SGE) performed its RTO on 19APR18. First flight should be imminent.

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ramon_...n/photostream/
      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• MSN216 (F-WZNY/9V-SGE), the 1st A350-900 ULR, has taken off on her First Flight.

Photo source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/146519...3/27773827948/
        Last edited by SQKevin; 23 April 2018, 08:04 PM. Reason: Added photo.

Comment

• FlightGlobal's article on the start of flight testing for the A350-900 ULR.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...campai-447920/

Comment

• Multiple photographers have the ULR registration as 9v-sge
            I may have missed some discussion on this thread earlier on this topic but is it confirmed that ULRs start with SGE or is it just speculation still?

Comment

• Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
              Multiple photographers have the ULR registration as 9v-sge
              I may have missed some discussion on this thread earlier on this topic but is it confirmed that ULRs start with SGE or is it just speculation still?
              The going theory is that the first one delivered will be SGA this will be the fifth one delivered after Airbus has finished using it for testing.

Comment

• Any reason why they don't paint the aircraft before the first flight? Great looking plane, but the unpainted exterior makes it look like a work-in-progress...

If anything, a painted aircraft for the first flight would make for a better PR photo op...

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  Any reason why they don't paint the aircraft before the first flight? Great looking plane, but the unpainted exterior makes it look like a work-in-progress...

If anything, a painted aircraft for the first flight would make for a better PR photo op...
                  Well I guess technically it still is a work-in-progress since it will be retained by Airbus for a little longer for tests. Perhaps why the tail-fin is not painted either, unlike MSN220 (F-WZFZ/9V-SGA) which already has the SQ tail-fin painted on.

Some frames get painted in Hamburg instead of Toulouse too.

Comment

The unofficial A350 production list have updated the following:

MSN216 (F-WZNY/9V-SGE)
                    MSN220 (F-WZFZ/9V-SGA)
                    MSN223 (F-WZHE/9V-SGB)
                    MSN230 (F-WZHI/9V-SGC)
                    MSN232 (F-/9V-SGD)
                    MSN238 (F-/9V-SGF)
                    MSN244 (F-/9V-SGG)

Comment

• More photos from the First Flight.

Photo source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bycac/...n/photostream/

Photo source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bycac/26784549407/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ramis-photos/40756056595/

Comment

I would not take this as confirmed. Previously, it was said that the SQ A350-900 registration would be SU*, etc. As it turned out, the SM* registration was used. It was probably not speculation but a misinformed source. I guess we can only be sure when the 1st SQ A350-900 ULR emerges from the Paint Hanger in the next few months.

Comment

• Knowing how ultra-superstitious SQ is, would they really want an aircraft with "GG" painted at the front gear?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQuelch View Post
                            Knowing how ultra-superstitious SQ is, would they really want an aircraft with "GG" painted at the front gear?
                            9V-SGG would actually be a recycled registration. But on the B727-212s, they displayed the end 3 letters (e.g. "SGG") of the registration on the nose gear doors.

Comment

• Does the a350 still serve the sin-kul-sin route? When I did the trip back in 2016 it was on this aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
                                Does the a350 still serve the sin-kul-sin route? When I did the trip back in 2016 it was on this aircraft.
                                The A350-900 doesn't fly between SIN and KUL at the moment. SQ118/119 is now operated by the B787-10.

Comment

Working...
                                X